Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Nov 04, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
I have not deposited yet and have just this second passed the cash game quiz. Whats next to qualify?

Old
Sun Nov 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replay - Wed Nov 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
(#3)
i dont know if i bet big enough initially, but he was pot committed i felt and therefore it was an ok play...but i dont really know lol

Old
Part 3 - Wed Nov 07, 2012, 06:21 PM
(#4)
I have now watched the 'getting started with pokerstars' live training session with gareth. Whats next? =)

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

With AQ from the button, I want to make a standard raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With two limpers before me, I will raise to 5BB or 300. The blinds and the first limper fold, but the second limper min-raises me and I absolutely agree with you that the opp is pot committed (or at least they should be).
This is where I need to make my big decision in the hand, either to raise and put the opp all-in or to fold. If I stay in the hand, I don't want the opp to see that they are ahead of my hand without paying their last 140 chips now. The decision for me, would come down to whether the opp is very loose or tight. The overwhelming majority of the time (95+%), I'm putting the opp all-in here preflop. The only time I would not is with a total nit opponent, that would only play QQ, KK or AA here.

Unfortunately, the opp hit their 2-outer on the river, but that's something that will happen, especially in a race situation preflop.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker basics quiz completed - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#7)
I have completed the poker basics quiz already i dont know if this affects things though, i didnt realise it was up to $8!! what else must i do to get the first buying and make that into 6 more dollars?

Last edited by Studium11; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 03:30 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 06:38 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
a hand for review - Thu Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
(#9)

confused of the bet sizing after the turn and river on how i should have got value or should i have played a cbet on the flop?

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 07:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studium11 View Post

confused of the bet sizing after the turn and river on how i should have got value or should i have played a cbet on the flop?
Hi Studium11

Nice hand! Preflop is perfect. Knowing what is best on the flop is read dependant. You flopped a strong hand and the board is very dry. So check calling is fine.

The turn connects the board. Now straight and flush draws are possible and may fit his likely holdings. He has shown interest in the hand, and you don't want to give him a free card that might beat your tripsl. I would have lead out on the turn about 70% of the pot. Hopefully he will follow along. Against people chasing draws, you want to bet more than half the pot so that they don'd have odds to call. And, you want to bet the early streets while they still think they have a chance of winning.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Completed the next tasks - Mon Nov 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#11)
I have now watched the bet sizing video and played on the tables...as previosuly shown with the hand replayer...what is next?

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
completed the next steps - Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
(#13)
Please ignore this message as it just sent the same message twice>>>soryy for any confusion.

Last edited by Studium11; Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: already posted this. sorry for the confusion...my message didnt show the first time

Old
I have now completed... - Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:02 PM
(#14)
I have now completed the cash basics live stream and the cash game quiz as requested. What is next please?

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
(#16)
iv continued playing and luckily im up at the moment without any hands that were too confusing. i just wondered is there any other buyins that i will recive further down the line or would i have to lose the buyins to be able to receive them?

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Studium11!

There are two ways that the last buy-ins can be earrned. The first is by getting 10VPP's with the second buy-in, which you should be working toward by playing with the buy-in.
The second is that if you lose the buy-in and post the hand where it happened, then we can look at going to the next step then.

If you get to 10VPP's, please let us know, so that we can look into it for you.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
(#18)

hi i dont know if this is bad luck or was there a way for me to understand he may have had AA? was this because of my bet sizing? or something else?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:45 AM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studium11 View Post

hi i dont know if this is bad luck or was there a way for me to understand he may have had AA? was this because of my bet sizing? or something else?
Hi Studium11

Yes, you were pretty unlucky. Unfortunately, this can and will happen.

Let's look at the hand: Preflop your raise size was perfect. On the flop and turn, the board was pretty dry. You could have bet the standard 50% of the pot, rather than going a bit larger as you did.

The river offers us the only clue that the villain has us beat. Often, when a player passively calls bets on every street, then wakes up to make a large bet on the river, it is a sign of a strong hand. In this spot you only needed to pay 59 cents into a pot of 175. Calling was correct with those odds.

Had you bet less on the flop and turn, the villain may have had enough left in his stack that you could have considered folding. A read would have helped make this choice.

Again, you played the hand fine. You just got unlucky. Don't sweat it

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
hi agen - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
(#20)
Just letting you know i have now gotten to 10vpp. qualifying for the next buyin =)

Thanks

Adam

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com