Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Nov 04, 2012, 04:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hello,

I want to participate to this promotion?What should I do?

Old
Sun Nov 04, 2012, 08:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fzbpoker,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 05:51 AM
(#3)
Ok.Thanks.

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#4)
I have attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions
and here is a hand I played that i'm not sure if I played good in the end,by going all in with me having straight but possible flush on the others,I winned but should I be less agressive in such situations>?

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi fzbpoker

Calling a minimum raise with speculative hands like QJ is ok preflop with so many players involved.

I would recommend check folding on this flop. Leading out with a bet in this spot is a big mistake for several reasons.

Firstly, you are out of position in this hand. You need to be more careful when first to act.

Secondly, the flop didn't help your hand at all. It is highly unlikely that you are ahead at this point. Moreover, you are facing five other players. It is very unlikely that all of them will fold to a bet.

Finally, your bet was very small. It will only serve to build the pot since no one will fold to it. As played you should have folded to the reraise on the flop. Turn and river are fine, primarily because the pot is so huge. Get your chips in there and hope your hand holds up.

You won a huge pot but got some lucky cards on the turn and river.

I suggest you check out some of the videos. Here is one from nanonoko the looks at evaluating your hand post flop:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Series-Pt-2-I

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 07:00 AM
(#6)
Thanks a lot for info Now whats next?

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fzbpoker!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#8)
I passed the quiz Thanks

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:53 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fzbpoker!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
(#10)
Ok,Thanjs JWK,i will announce you

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#11)
My account was credited with the 2 $ Thanks

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#12)
I will atend in 1 hour the Bet Sizing Live Training.

Down is a hand,the last one, I played with the buy-in at full ring 1/2 cent real money .Was totally mess Not only I'm not sure about it,I played bad

What should I do next?

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi fzbpoker

J9s is too weak to play from early position. I stongly recommend folding hands like this. The lowest I open from early position is with pairs 88+ and AQ+. Try to be patient and wait for decent cards in decent position

Another important area you want to review is your bet sizing. Preflop you bet 4x. 3x is standard. You flopped top pair, but are facing a nearly pot sized bet. I would have folded since you have a weak kicker and still another player left to act. If you are going to rerasie, I suggest making it 3x the original bet size. A minimum raise won't get too many hands to fold except pure bluffs.

When the villain calls your min reraise on the flop he is showing a strong hand usually. Remember he called your large preflop raise too. You only have top pair with a weak kicker. Try to get to the showdown as cheaply as possible in these spots. You want a stronger hand to build the pot.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fzbpoker!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue on.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 05:31 AM
(#15)
Thanks a lot for analysis Roland

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 05:33 AM
(#16)
JWK , I passed the Cash Game quiz and attend on Cash Basics live training session.
Whats next?

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fzbpoker!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
(#18)
Ok,thanks a lot.Great job you all do here btw,not the buy-ins but the lesson and all info is great

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:43 AM
(#19)
I received the second buy-in.Here is one of first hands :d

Is not really wow,but I said why should i post only bad hands,maybe I have something to learn from winning hands to,you are experts

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
(#20)
I'v played many hands now whats next?

Down few of them with problems and one good hand:

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com