Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Nov 06, 2012, 07:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Hello,

I want to participate to this promotion and I would like to know what I have to do .

Thank you for your time.

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 08:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddpokercj View Post
Hello,
I want to participate to this promotion and I would like to know what I have to do .
Thank you for your time.
Hi kiddpokercj,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 07:44 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your time.
Hi kiddpokercj,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 06:07 AM
(#4)
Hi,
I played some play money cash poker and I got into 2 interesting hands that I want to share with you to find out your opinion on the way I judged them.
I will be attending the Getting Started With Pokerstars live training session today.
Here are the hands.

Looking forward to your answer.

Last edited by kiddpokercj; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 06:09 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 07:44 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
I played some play money cash poker and I got into 2 interesting hands that I want to share with you to find out your opinion on the way I judged them.
Hi kiddpokercj,

Thanks for posting and I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review this for you.

Let me know when you've attended the 'Getting Started' live training session.

After you have done this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 02:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi kiddpokercj

First hand QQ: Preflop looks good Punish the limpers by raising!In real money games it is less likely that so many players will call your raise in these situations.

The flop is not too good for us. Ks and 10s are in the other players ranges. Plus there are straight and flush draws. Checking looks good. Calling or reraising the villain on the flop are both viable lines. The short stack can pretty much be ignored at this point since he has so few chips left.

On the turn, playing it safe and folding is the right action when you are unsure if you are ahead in a fast growing pot

Note however, I would have called or reraised the turn here. Firstly, the bet is very small compared to the pot. Secondly, when an opponent bets the same amount on the flop and turn, it is often a sign of a bluff or semi-bluff hand. Making these types of reads will come with more experience.

Don't second guess yourself when you see the Q on the river! You made good choices throughout the hand. What happens on later streets is out of your control. There was only about a 4% chance of landing a Q on the final card.

Second hand 99: Nice one
The flop looks scary with two aces, but is actually ok since you are last to act. The first to act min-bets into a big pot. This is usually a sign of weakness. Someone in early position that had an A typically check raises spots like this. The string of callers also seem weak. I like your solid reraise and the sizing looks good too. Well played

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#7)
Hi again,
First of all thank you very much for your analysis Roland GTX, it was very helpful and the encouragement from you sure feels great.
As for the promotion, I attended the "Getting started", "Bet Sizing" and "Cash basics" with GarethC23 which were very interesting and helpful. Thank you GarethC23.
I also passed the "Poker Basics" quiz so I am looking forward to your next instructions tomorrow Raiser.
Thank you all for your help and time.

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 04:55 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
As for the promotion, I attended the "Getting started", "Bet Sizing" and "Cash basics" with GarethC23 which were very interesting and helpful. Thank you GarethC23.

I also passed the "Poker Basics" quiz so I am looking forward to your next instructions tomorrow Raiser.
Thank you all for your help and time.
Hi kiddpokercj,

Thanks for that and I can confirm you did indeed the session with 'GarethC23'

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 06:50 AM
(#9)
I have passed the basic quiz. Waiting for your further instructions.

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 04:47 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have passed the basic quiz. Waiting for your further instructions.
Hi kiddpokercj,

Congrats!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Cash Basics' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 06:28 AM
(#11)
Hi again,
I have received the 2.00$. I will start playing now.
I also attended the Cash Basics live training with GarethC23 two days ago.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 07:21 AM
(#12)
Here is an interesting hand I got into and I would like to know how is it best to play this monster hands to get maximum value. Would love some opinions. Thank you.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#13)
The first 2.00$ are gone. Had a read on that player, he was very loose but he got lucky on the river. This is the hand that caused the disaster.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
The first 2.00$ are gone. Had a read on that player, he was very loose but he got lucky on the river. This is the hand that caused the disaster.
Hi kiddpokercj,

Thanks for posting these hands and I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

After this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

44 - The answer is bet. It's a limped pot, so there's only .08c out there preflop. We would like to build a big pot somehow, the only way to accomplish this goal is to bet and hope someone has a 6, a pocket pair, a draw, or is willing to peel a card with just overs. Our best chance to stimulate action is to bet directly on the flop, and it's essential to try and begin building the pot right away rather than let betting rounds go by with no money going in.

KcJc - Preflop looks good. Post flop is fine, the only thing I'd recommend is that you bet all in on the turn. You are committed with 2 pair, can definitely get called by worse, and only have a pot sized bet left (.80c left with .71c in the pot). Doubt it would change the result here but that's not the point, it gets maximum value from a loose caller.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:03 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Here is an interesting hand I got into and I would like to know how is it best to play this monster hands to get maximum value. Would love some opinions. Thank you.
Hi kiddpokercj,

The next step for you is to study the Cash Game course and to pass the quiz from this. Passing the quiz will earn you the next buy-in.

Also please attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com