Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

25C 45PLAYERS out in 16th,dreadfull mistake

Old
25C 45PLAYERS out in 16th,dreadfull mistake - Tue Nov 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
PokerStars Hand #88830923345: Tournament #639723372, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2012/11/06 17:38:33 UTC [2012/11/06 12:38:33 ET]Table '639723372 2' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: holdemace486 (4098 in chips) Seat 2: serov-aq (9615 in chips) Seat 3: CaPonC (4567 in chips) is sitting outSeat 4: Lu Docinho (5880 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)Seat 5: nesador (2091 in chips) Seat 6: Mr.Pe4nik (1687 in chips) Seat 8: belojun (8326 in chips) Seat 9: Muchamed789 (1775 in chips) holdemace486: posts the ante 25serov-aq: posts the ante 25CaPonC: posts the ante 25nesador: posts the ante 25Mr.Pe4nik: posts the ante 25belojun: posts the ante 25Muchamed789: posts the ante 25nesador: posts small blind 100Mr.Pe4nik: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to holdemace486 [9d 9h]belojun: folds Muchamed789: folds holdemace486: raises 200 to 400serov-aq: raises 9190 to 9590 and is all-inCaPonC: folds nesador: folds Mr.Pe4nik: folds holdemace486: calls 3673 and is all-inUncalled bet (5517) returned to serov-aq*** FLOP *** [Ah Qd 4s]*** TURN *** [Ah Qd 4s] [6c]*** RIVER *** [Ah Qd 4s 6c] [3c]*** SHOW DOWN ***holdemace486: shows [9d 9h] (a pair of Nines)serov-aq: shows [As Qs] (two pair, Aces and Queens)serov-aq collected 8621 from potholdemace486 finished the tournament in 16th place*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 8621 | Rake 0 Board [Ah Qd 4s 6c 3c]Seat 1: holdemace486 showed [9d 9h] and lost with a pair of NinesSeat 2: serov-aq showed [As Qs] and won (8621) with two pair, Aces and QueensSeat 3: CaPonC (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: nesador (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: Mr.Pe4nik (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: belojun folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Muchamed789 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Hi guys sorry it seems like my hand replayer not working again

ok i just woke up with pocket nines, i had been in complete control of my previous table with the perfect reads every time, i owned my table, then i was moved grrrr

SO any way a big stack to follow my action shoves all in for 9k.

to my initail small raise

i had no reads on the opp

situation

do i fold?

do i think maybe he got his chips from been loose?

do I call for the chance to be secure of making top 3 maybe?

I called and lost but thinking now i should of folded with not having a read and still enough blinds for no panic?

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 06:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi HoldemAce,

I think I would probably fold here.

Reason being is we have 20BBs as you say we have time on our side here in the micros.

Calling here we are likely up against over cards, sometimes a small pair sometimes a bigger one. but they probably cancel each other out. I think a little less likely to be A9 or worse.

So our equity vs overcards while good, isn't huge. I would be looking to enter a spot with more of an edge in our favour, be it with card advantage or fold equity.

With TT our edge would increase enough I think it's a call also we could be dominating a hand like AT

So without a read I would fold here and bide my time. I would also keep an eye on this guy and see how often he is doing this and from there we can determine how wide his range is.

All that being said I think our equity is ok with 99, a call is not bad. But I would like to think we have a better edge on the field than taking fifty fifty spots like this one.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
thank you andy yes sort of the lines i was thinking but after the fact lol next time maybe

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:13 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
It's a fold,rather easy one in fact. At least that's the play I would make here,barring an in depth,specific read on the villain having a loose/maniac range (which at this stage of a .25 45 man it's completely normal for a player with this guys stack to be exactly that type of player...).

Now understand,this is not me busting your balls (well,maybe a little...) but I just have to ask...remember the infamous "folding the flopped nuts" post of yours?

How could you possibly make THAT fold (which was also in a .25 45 man if I remember correctly...) and be capable of making THIS call? That's like,I don't know...scatter brained? I mean there's no evidence of any rhyme or reason to that type of thought process. Changing gears,mixing it up is one thing,just kind of flailing about with no plan is another and sometimes they can look like two very similar sides of the same coin but they are not.

I would highly recommend getting your HH's and poring through them looking for similar spots,you may have a very serious issue when it comes to sussing out good EV spots from bad/dodgy ones in the mid-game/bubble stages in these.

And if you do then that's as lethal a leak as you can ever have in these games. Fatal in fact.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 04:17 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar010 View Post
Hi HoldemAce,

I think I would probably fold here.

Reason being is we have 20BBs as you say we have time on our side here in the micros.

Calling here we are likely up against over cards, sometimes a small pair sometimes a bigger one. but they probably cancel each other out. I think a little less likely to be A9 or worse.

So our equity vs overcards while good, isn't huge. I would be looking to enter a spot with more of an edge in our favour, be it with card advantage or fold equity.

With TT our edge would increase enough I think it's a call also we could be dominating a hand like AT

So without a read I would fold here and bide my time. I would also keep an eye on this guy and see how often he is doing this and from there we can determine how wide his range is.

All that being said I think our equity is ok with 99, a call is not bad. But I would like to think we have a better edge on the field than taking fifty fifty spots like this one.

Cheers
Andy

Andy one more thing I would add is that anyone in this school,not just holdem,who regularly visits the HA sections and uses the video section and therefore is getting the benefit of what yourself,Dave,ChewMe,JWK and all the other analyzers,official or not,is going to be so far ahead of the majority of the players at these levels in 45 mans that they are punting tournament EV to force themselves into flip spots needlessly.

We make much more money preying on our foes mistakes at these levels than we do trying to force the issue. 20 BB's there is never a reason to be flipping,at best in most cases,in these games. Having a skill edge and just giving it away is about as bad a mistake as one can make to me. Trust yourself more as a player and you'll complain about "bad luck" much less is a good rule of thumb.

That's how I see it anyway.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com