Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

3 left JJ in BB.. Button raises ..SB shoves 80BB All in

Old
3 left JJ in BB.. Button raises ..SB shoves 80BB All in - Tue Nov 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2010
BronzeStar
hi guys , i played a tourny the other day and there was 3 of us left....It was my BB and i get dealt JJ.... button raises 3x..SB shoves all in for 80BB ( almost same size stack as me but a little bigger)... what are everyones thoughts?

SB is a rock.... total nit.. folded 99 preflop to my 3x and showed...(3 handed)...

my feeling at the time is i was behind.......

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
If he was a nit and you had 80 BB's left, you still have a lot of play in the tournament and because the player is so tight your probably in a flip at best and may risk your tournament life and the chance of winning by your opp turning AK at best and your dominated by AA, KK, QQ.
Or you could call if you feeling lucky

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 09:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Was was the stack size of the btn?

As Adsthepro pointed out, you have a really deep stack and are not under pressure to call (not sure what type of tourney this is).

If you put the sb on a top "total nit" 5% range (99+ AJs+) you are flipping for all your chips and presumably a big prize money increase.

I would probably play it safe and be happy for the free money gained by letting the sb knock out the btn.

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 07:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2010
BronzeStar
thanks... ok the stack sizes were Button..1.4Million SB 890,000 BB (me) 880,000 blinds were 5k/10k +antes.... my thought process was, total nit am flipping with AK or behind to QQ+... my friemd Gary and I were discussing the hand later and he said i probably had to have QQ or above to call in his opinion..but... is one of those game maker/breaker.....i finished 3rd.. and was very happy after 6-7hrs..... i just wondered if anyone was going to make the case for a call? but surely 80BBs with JJ ?? never ends well

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com