Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi,
I've signed up to PSO for a while but have not deposited yet. I wanna join this promo and wanna see if i qualify for it. Thanks.
HGSA

Last edited by HGSA10; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 10:58 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 12:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 09:17 PM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL 9-max/ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Hand Replayer 66 open-raise, 2 limps, BB shove all-in, Hero folds? - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 12:00 PM
(#4)

Seems 2 limpers after me not that strong, otherwise there's reraise. BB shoves all-in doesn't feel strong too as it is a 10+ times 3-bet, not a normal 3 times 3-bet, looks like he wanna get us fold rather than a strong hand, his range may well be ace high and JJ/QQ. If I call and the two limpers fold, it's a coin flip against BB if he had A7+ and I am ahead if he got A2-A6. Should I have called?

Last edited by HGSA10; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old
"Getting started" completed - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 09:54 PM
(#5)
Hi,
I completed the getting started live training section.

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:53 PM
(#6)
Hi,

With in mid position I like the raise to try and isolate the UTG limper. When we open 4x with about an 80bb stack and get 1 caller BTN>> a huge 3bet from the BB this is a tough spot most times we should fold with that type of action ahead of us, but there are times when we have reads about the villains tendencies where a re-raise all in can be justified!
Good fold!

The next stage in your Bank Roll Builder promotion.
You will need to take the Basic Assessment Quiz. Please let me know once you have passed it and your first buy-in will be awarded to you.

Good luck at the tables!

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 10:55 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 08:12 AM
(#7)
Hi,
I hv passed my quiz and thx for your advice. Do u recommend us to play tighter in NL2 and bluff less?

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:17 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGSA10 View Post
Hi,
I hv passed my quiz and thx for your advice. Do u recommend us to play tighter in NL2 and bluff less?
Hi,

Well done on the quiz, your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this buy-in at the 9-max/full ring 1/2c tables and if you encounter a hand that you did not feel to sure about post a hand replay and I'll analyze it for you.

This is how the 3 remaining buy-ins can be awarded to you:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Yes for now, try to avoid bluffing at 2nl and focus more on value betting/bet sizing/player notes.
Best of luck to you at the tables.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Nov 10, 2012 at 01:20 AM..

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 06:02 AM
(#9)
I wanna ask if I can also gain a buy-in if i attend the cash game quiz as it said in the promo? Thx.

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:41 AM
(#10)
Yes sure once you pass the Cash Game Quiz you will
qualify for the 3 steps for the remaining buy-ins

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Nov 10, 2012 at 08:44 AM..

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
(#11)

tough spot when AA face JJ this hand. Should I call this hand on turn or should i just shove all-in like what i did? Anyway it costs me 70bb. Luckily, tight play works and the $0.6 bankroll climbs to $3.57 today

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
(#12)
Hi,

Nice to hear you are doing well at the cash games with your first buy-in!

:A:A
When the action folds around and the SB limps, I'd raise it 4x the big blind +1 for their limp (10c).

What where your reads on the villain?
On the flop when the villain min bets 2c, this can mean a lot of things. They can be on a draw, 2nd pair, they have top pair, a set or in rare situations a straight. I like the raise size to 12c as we can get value from a wide range of Jx (QJ KJ AJ JT J6 J5 J4 J3 J2 and flush draws possibly inside straight draws aswell), but when the villain min 4bets us to 22c this is just super strong and on a board texture like this their bet is weighted toward 2pairs+, I'd elect to just flat their 4bet re-evaluate the turn, depending on their bet sizing on the turn a fold with AA might be the line to take (totally dependant on the reads we have on the villain). Re-raising all in on the flop to get a drawing hand to call or top pair is also fine.

Key questions to ask ourself when raising:

1.) What range am I trying to get value from? (Value)

2.) Am I raising to get a better hand to fold? (Bluff)

Good luck at the tables!

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 08:30 AM
(#13)
A question on the buy-in. Should I set a limit of profit/loss as to decide when I leave the table? Cuz sometimes I am afraid of losing the entire stack by a bad beat or a downswing. Like on one occasion, a player on the table re-raised all-in almost every hand others' raises, especially those UTG raiser, CO/BN raiser and SB raiser. I supposed it was a ace-high range all-in cuz he didnt play his JJ+ like that. Then there's a hand everyone folded to him, he limped in on CO, I got 99 on SB raised to 4BB, then he shoved all-in with around 75BB, I called. He showed AQs, a queen appeared on the river and he won.

Old
Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:18 AM
(#14)
Quote:
A question on the buy-in. Should I set a limit of profit/loss as to decide when I leave the table? Cuz sometimes I am afraid of losing the entire stack by a bad beat or a downswing. Like on one occasion, a player on the table re-raised all-in almost every hand others' raises, especially those UTG raiser, CO/BN raiser and SB raiser. I supposed it was a ace-high range all-in cuz he didnt play his JJ+ like that. Then there's a hand everyone folded to him, he limped in on CO, I got 99 on SB raised to 4BB, then he shoved all-in with around 75BB, I called. He showed AQs, a queen appeared on the river and he won.
If you feel that you are playing your A+ game and the table is soft(juicy action) continue playing. Table selection is very important along with a clear/focused mind, overall this will maximize your profitability in the meantime also in the long run

We had reads/notes on that villains tendencies, about half of the time we will win 99 vs AQs, it's a classic coin flip situation, 53% in your favor pre-flop.

Good luck at the tables, if you have any questions about poker, I'm here.

Old
Tue Nov 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
(#15)
Hi,
Thx for the advice, Cannon. I will definitely post more questions here when there are doubts
Btw, I have just passed the cash game quiz and also earned the 10VPPs. Hope I can qualify for the next two buy-ins.

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:31 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Hi,
Thx for the advice, Cannon. I will definitely post more questions here when there are doubts
Btw, I have just passed the cash game quiz and also earned the 10VPPs. Hope I can qualify for the next two buy-ins.
Anytime HGSA10

Well done on the quiz! Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please let me know once you have got the buy-in.

How are you doing at the cash games as of lately?

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
(#17)
basically running not too good since a downswing in one of the sessions. a guy sitting right to me was a calling station. Limped in with bad hands as well as good hands. In postflop play, he did 3-barrels most of the times except suited flops and paired boards. I found it difficult to play at many occasions against him even I did tighten up and lost a lot. Should I get out of the table in this occasion as I find it difficult to steal blinds and it hurts the winrate a lot or should I stay until I do have made hands or monsters? (He called a lot so that I didn't even have a single heads-up play against others)

Now I am down to $0.8 out of the $2 buy-in but luckily get through 10 VPPs.

Btw, I wanna ask if the 10VPPs worth another $2 buy-in? Cuz I think cashgame quiz would pay me a buy-in, and the 10VPPs would give me another. Thx~~

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:12 AM
(#18)
Quote:
basically running not too good since a downswing in one of the sessions. a guy sitting right to me was a calling station. Limped in with bad hands as well as good hands. In postflop play, he did 3-barrels most of the times except suited flops and paired boards. I found it difficult to play at many occasions against him even I did tighten up and lost a lot. Should I get out of the table in this occasion as I find it difficult to steal blinds and it hurts the winrate a lot or should I stay until I do have made hands or monsters? (He called a lot so that I didn't even have a single heads-up play against others)

Now I am down to $0.8 out of the $2 buy-in but luckily get through 10 VPPs.

Btw, I wanna ask if the 10VPPs worth another $2 buy-in? Cuz I think cashgame quiz would pay me a buy-in, and the 10VPPs would give me another. Thx~~
Against that villain, stay at the table. They may get lucky a few times against us, but as long as we tighten up our range..everything will be in the + vs. them

At the 1/2c level attempting to steal the blinds with ATC(any two cards) is just going to put us into difficult situations post flop vs. calling stations, to get the feel and flow of the game when first starting out your session..only be raising the top of our range (AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 AK AQ AJ ATs etc..) against players that are extremely loose at 9-max and open up our range once we have a decent sample size (40hands+played)/reads on the villains. There will be many calling stations at the 1/2c as well the higher levels (we want that) especially when we have strong value/starting hands.

Keep at it! You got what it takes! Patience, adapt and win!

Did you accrue those 10VPPs after passing the Cash Game Quiz or before taking the quiz?

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#19)
Thx for the reassurance. Cuz there's a tendancy you wanna watch the showdown when there's a guy 3-barreling all the time. Then like on one hand 5 callers into the flop and I got A6, flop AA2, he bet I call all others folded. One 7 came on turn, I called but I started to question my hand. and a 3 came on river and he bet......And I was like...why was he betting on the river...he shd not have AJ+. But still I knew I could beat only A4 and tie with A6, where I would fold my A6 pretty surely if I was against other players. But I couldnt resist my temptation to call down his river bet and he showed A8, at which time I knew he was playing bet-bet-bet style if he didnt feel resistance. I was wondering if call-call-call on him would be risky or not.

I am sorry I forget the order of earning the 10VPPs and finishing the cash game quiz. But does that matter?

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:15 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Thx for the reassurance. Cuz there's a tendancy you wanna watch the showdown when there's a guy 3-barreling all the time. Then like on one hand 5 callers into the flop and I got A6, flop AA2, he bet I call all others folded. One 7 came on turn, I called but I started to question my hand. and a 3 came on river and he bet......And I was like...why was he betting on the river...he shd not have AJ+. But still I knew I could beat only A4 and tie with A6, where I would fold my A6 pretty surely if I was against other players. But I couldnt resist my temptation to call down his river bet and he showed A8, at which time I knew he was playing bet-bet-bet style if he didnt feel resistance. I was wondering if call-call-call on him would be risky or not.

I am sorry I forget the order of earning the 10VPPs and finishing the cash game quiz. But does that matter?
I believe >>Daniel Negreanu<< said it like this "follow your first gut instinct/thought, most of the time it's right" (intuition)

After learning the odds and percentages of poker, bank roll management..adjusting to table dynamic.. the most important thing to learn in my opinion is the "feel" of the game and please keep in mind this can only be acquired through experience. You are getting there and I see your "feel" is developing.

Please post the key hands that brought the 2nd buy-in to 8c, once we have discussed the hand your 3rd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com