Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Here we go again

Old
Here we go again - Wed Nov 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
I must say, I'm already getting annoyed again, and after only 5 SnGs...

The first one I win. Yay me.

#2: AK runs into QQ. Oh well, it happens.
#3: All-in on the turn with AQ on a Q high board against JJ, river's a J
#4: All-in on a 6h 2h 8s flop with QQ, called by Ah Qh, river's a Kh
#5: All-in with KQ on a K high board against KT, turn's a T

plenty of suckouts to go around again

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Sounds like you're starting to tilt, and from this small sequence that's a bit of a problem since it's not really a terrible sequence or anything.

#3 is annoying, and #5 seems annoying although without the actual details of the hand even that may be totally standard.
#2 you lost as a 44-56 dog in a standard preflop spot
#4 you lost as a 54-46 favorite also in a standard spot for players to stack off on the flop.
#1 you shipped so obviously nothing annoying for you there.

Zen and the Art of Poker might help, if you're feeling annoyed after these 5 games you're going to be in big trouble after a serious run bad (which will happen, it happens to everyone!)

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Yup. Why do you think I took a little bit off./ Well, 5 months it turned out to be

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I have the same problem. A few badbeats or semi badbeats and I'm at home to Mr Tilt. Thats why I've stopped playing single table SNGs. I'm now trying out the 90 and 180 player SNGs on the theory that although Mr Tilt still knocks on the door as much as he ever did, once he has gone it only takes a short stay by my friend Mr Rungood for me to bink a final table and make up for the bad times. You still get as many annoying runs but lose 10 STT SNGs in a row and its a long way back, loose 10 MTT SNGs and its one fourth place finish.
Just knowing this helps me stave off the Tilt.... A bit.
Rob.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com