Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QQ vs. 62o

Old
QQ vs. 62o - Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
It's a 5/10 NLH play money table. I'm CO-1 holding QQ. 3 limpers. Middle position raise to 50. I re-raise to 140. 4 players call including the original raiser in mid-position.

Flop: 2s 5h 6h

Check around to the player in middle postion. He raise all in for 1810. I call. Folds all around. Were heads up. He has 62o.

I try to take play money tables as a learning experience. I really doubt that I would see this kind of play at a 1-2 NLH cash game in person, but just in case, did I do something wrong here?

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The old but true answer is it depends....

Now did you have a read on the player at the table?

are they tight or loose?

with 4 players in you could make it a little higher preflop but honestly it was ok.

so when the villian goes all in... we can't comment because we do not know them.

I class players as
NIT - very tight very aggressive
TAG - Tight and aggressive
LP - Loose and passive
LAG - loose and aggressive

So if a nit goes all in her e i think i may be beat
if a Tag goes all in here im stuck they may have an over pair like me or teh could have tripped up ( not likely preflop but could be the case depending on table)
LP - if he is leading at this i am beat
LAG dude could have anything i'm calling all day long.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 12:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi infinity

Without specific reads, I'd say your play here was fine post flop. Preflop the raise sizing needs to be larger imo. You've got 3 limpers and then a raiser who goes 5x, given the action here I think we should be repopping to something like at least 200, and given the general looseness of play money (or any very loose table dynamic) I would add a premium surcharge to that and bring it for 250-300 personally.

Post flop, people will jam all in with all kinds of worse 1 pair hands in play money, so given that I've no problem stacking off QQ here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com