Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi

I would like to join Bankroll Builder. I am eligible, aren't I?

Last edited by Seth Luthar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 08:27 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth!

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether you are eligible.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth Luthar,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
(#4)
I've attended the 'Getting Started' session. What is the next step?

I also have a hand that I'm not sure about.

Although I ended up winning the hand I got a feeling that I should have folded on the way.

Old
Tue Nov 13, 2012, 02:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Seth Luthar, Nice pot

The first thing I noticed is that you appear new at the table and paid the bb out of turn. It is much better to tick off the box on the table that says "Wait for big blind". Doing this will save you money in the long run. Use the time to start building reads on the other players, especially the two to your right and two to your left.

As played, I would recommend making a standard bet size for your re-raise on the flop. 3x the original raise would be better than min-raising. Build the pot with your strong hands. You don't want to let opponents see the next card cheaply. Furthermore, the min-reraise is often a tell of a strong hand. Keep your hand strengh concealed by making a standard 3x re-raise.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Nov 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth Luthar!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Pot Odds and Expected Value - Tue Nov 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#7)
You guys should rewrite the Pot Odds and Expected Value course because it's confusing. I think I figured it out but some mistakes there make it difficult to be sure.

Just to be sure. Is the following formula for odds right?

(no. of potentially loosing combinations) : (no. of potentially winning combinations)

So with one card to come it would be:
(no. of cards left - outs) : (outs)

Last edited by Seth Luthar; Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 07:07 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:48 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth!

Correct.

Honestly, I normally try to look at equities, instead of odds.

pot equity = (chips i need to call)/ (pot size after i add mine)

hand equity = outs * 2% per street

if the hand equity is higher, I call... if not, I muck.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
(#9)
I've already passed the quiz.

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth Luthar!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
(#11)
Thank you for buy-in. I've just received it.
I've also already attended 'Bet Sizing' training session.

Old
Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#12)
What is the next step after "Bet Sizing" session?

Old
Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth!

Please use the buy-in to play the full ring 1/2 cent cash tables ONLY. Also, please post any hands that you have problems with or that you lose the buy-in with.

Please only play these tables, as playing anything else will disqualify you from further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:19 AM
(#14)

Should I have done something differently?

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:37 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Luthar View Post

Should I have done something differently?
Hi Seth Luthar,
No, not much you could do here unfortunately. You got it in good, and the villain got lucky on the river. Coolers happen and are part of poker. I usually say "right move, wrong result".

You are making money in this spot in the long run. So, try not to sweat the results. You played the hand well

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth Luthar!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:35 PM
(#17)
I've attended the live training session and I've passed the quiz as well.

Last edited by Seth Luthar; Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Seth Luthar!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#19)
I have a few questions about hands that I played recently. All the hands come from the same table.

In the first hand I decided to call, because there were only 6 players at the table. On the flop I had top pair with Ace kicker. Was it correct to call the raise?

Here I'm wondering if the size of the re-raise was ok. Should I have gone all-in or would it be better to make a smaller re-raise?

Was the move on the flop correct?

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 02:53 PM
(#20)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Seth,

A9o - Don't call preflop here, raise. First in open for a raise or just fold. In this situation A9 is strong enough to raise. Flop call is perfect. Turn I would actually raise here... his min bet of .02c into a pot of .26c is a super weak bet, and those usually mean weak hands. This leads me to believe we are beating V9 right now with top/top. V8 is a bit of a concern, but even if we're behind him we have outs with the nut flush draw, holding the Ac is a bit like an insurance policy against being wrong, we can still draw out when that happens.

AA - Preflop 3b to .12c is good. The 5b sizing doesn't matter, V7 who has 4-bet you to .20c only has .60c behind, so any 5b is basically for his stack. When a short stacker cold 4-bets the minimum like V7 did here, I assume they have a huge hand and are not folding, so with AA 5 bet and get it in is optimal imo.

QQ - I think your flop c-bet was too large. You're basically betting the size of the pot .52c into .56c... but he's only got .83c left so this is essentially like betting .83c (if he continues for .52c he should be crystal clear all his money is going in). I think I would prefer a smaller c-bet, something like .24c, tempt him to put some more money in with weak hands or shove small pairs thinking they're good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com