Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 9-man SnG, AKo, flopped TPTK, call or folk re-raise all in

Old
$1.50 9-man SnG, AKo, flopped TPTK, call or folk re-raise all in - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 03:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi!

So this is a hand I played where I, as the pre-flop aggressor, flopped TPTK on a board with both a potential straight draw and flush draw and my opponent raises all in after I bet for value.

It is in the early stages of a $1.50 9-man Sit'n'Go, so it is hard to have a good read on my opponents, and I wasn't using a HuD, but my notes on Villain_3 so far were that:

- He bet all-in pre-flop from middle position with A4o in one of the first hands, with an average stack

- He calls pre flop with a lot of hands

My first thought was that this was a bluff where he wanted to win the pot then and there, and that he could hold a flush draw or straight draw to fall back on if he was called, and if this is the case I think calling is okay. I also think he could hold 66 or 88, in which case I should absolutely fold.

Am I ahead often enough here that it is worth making the call? Also considering SNG strategy, would it be wise to fold here even if I'm ahead most of the time?

I would also know if my bet sizes are correct.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Mr.Anand; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Mr.Anand

Thanks for your post and welcome to POkerSchoolOnLine. Im sure you know, but we have some great features available for members so i have put in this link to help you find your way around.

One of the hand analysers will take a look at your replayer hands.

Again, welcome and good luck at the tables.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey Mr.Anand

I like your bet sizing pre flop it's perfect, 80 - 120 is optimal here so good job.

This is a fantastic flop for us not only because we have flopped top pair top kicker but it's a board texture that is likely to get action from our opponent a lot of the time. Villain will have hit this flop a lot of the time with his suited connectors and Kx hands.

Your bet sizing on the flop is great, I personally would of made it a little less... say 150 but that's just me, you played this hand excellently imo.

So when villain shoves on us this is a high five snap call, especially given this type of opponent 'loose, likes to shove all in in the early stages of a sng with A4o'

We can never fold this spot, ever. We are extremely likely to be crushing our opponent right now.

I don't promote risking all of our chips in the early stages of a sng, but this is a spot we must take advantage off.

Hope this helps, cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 09:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
hey Mr.Anand

snap call if he have a set so be it nothing we can do

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com