Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 05:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

JP109606

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP109606 View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
JP109606
Hi JP109606,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 04:44 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,
Can anyone help?
JP109606
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL 9-max/ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#4)
I have attended Getting started with pokerstars live training.

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended Getting started with pokerstars live training.
Hi JP109606,

Perfect, and I can confirm you did indeed attend today's session with André 'HoRRoR77' ... I hope you found it useful.

Next up please practice on the play money only full ring tables and post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer.

Once you've done this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
(#6)
started with a pair kings and was pair of jacks on the flop so thought i had a good hand so started raising was this the right thing to do

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JP109606!

With KK, I'm going to make a standard opening raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. I want to keep my raises standard, as I can disguise the strength of my hand.

The flop is not really a good one for me. There's a pair (so someone could have trips or better) and also mulitple straight draws and a flush draw. The first opp makes an abnormally small min bet. I say abnormally small, as bets on or after the flop should be made based on the size of the pot, not what a BB is. With an overpair and two opps in the hand, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise here and raise to 23.
By making this raise, if either or even both opps are on a flush or straight draw, they will be getting the wrong odds to draw. Also, here's what my plan for the rest of the hand will be. If I get called, then it could be by a draw, a J or a 10. If I get raised, then it's most likely by a J and I'll need to get off my hand.
The next opp folds, but I am 3-bet by the first opp. Since this is going to almost always be from an opp with a J, then I'm way behind and need to muck.

Just because a hand is a monster pre-flop hand, doesn't always mean that it will still be a monster after the flop, turn or river. Learning to recognize these situations and muck the big preflop hand, when it's then behind, is a key part of learning to be patient in a poker game.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
started with a pair kings and was pair of jacks on the flop so thought i had a good hand so started raising was this the right thing to do
Hi JP109606,

Now it's time to earn your first buy-in. You will need to study the Poker Basics course and then take the Basic Assessment quiz for it.

Your first buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hrs of passing the quiz. Use this buy-in to play the real money 1/2 cent NLHE cash game tables. Play only these tables to continue in this promotion and earn more buy-ins.

Let me know when you pass the quiz!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#9)
yooo, i've completed this course now

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 04:35 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
yooo, i've completed this course now
Hi JP109606,

Congrats!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com