Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

again the sickness continues!

Old
again the sickness continues! - Thu Nov 08, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=5E77DDF632

1.5k grt about 100 players left with me in the top 50, and again grrrr.

How am i ever going to win if this is what always happens?

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
really.......?

a pair of 7's and you ask what went wrong?

lol

cheers

Last edited by effsea; Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 11:16 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:18 PM
(#3)
regardless eff, i was a head and knew it.

but its ok bk calm again now lol just needed vent stop me tilting.

Had ten minutes away try again lol gl

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:21 PM
(#4)
and yes 7s pretty rubish but again this was a oppurtunity to be at the front of the pack, i have started in other post about this.

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:32 PM
(#5)
really hate to ask...

Do you understand your playing a game of chance?

nothing is for sure till the last card is dropped.

anyways.......if you need to win....you won't

good luck

cheers

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:44 PM
(#6)
yes eff thx i do understand its a game of chance and knew it was a make or break out right gamble that my 77 would hold.

I have another thread open itm vs 1st place.

This is something im experimenting with a bit at the moment trying to nail a first place in one of the bigger ones.

yes i should of just called if anything and reavulated on the turn which would of then been an easy fold.

But i would of gone deeper and may have had a better oppurtunity, but its ok was just a do or die situation would of had huge stack.

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:48 PM
(#7)
in your 1st post....did you not bitch?

carry on,

cheers

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 11:58 PM
(#8)
yes eff i did but was like 5 mins after the beat and did say after just needed to vent, you know what its like mate they are hurtfull at times.

Hrs spent and then a kick in the teethe it hurts, and maybe hurts more because i dont multitable too often.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 12:01 AM
(#9)
and also to add im pretty sure if i keep getting myself into these spots i might just win one.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 12:28 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
67%>33% when the chips went in the middle,sorry but NOT a bad beat.

Is it a bad play by the villain? Meh,IF he has you on an over pair then yeah,it's a loose to crappy call by him. IF he has you on an over pair. What was your table image? Had you been tabled together long enough to have one? What were your reads on him/her? Did you consider when you shoved that maybe THEY were sucking YOU in?

So it was a 1.5K guarantee? So what then,a $1 buy-in? LOL,dude if you think a big stack in a $1 buy-in isn't going to look at their stack and that board and make this kind of hero call for only 22% of their stack pretty much EVERY TIME then you really need to reassess your competition. And they're going to get there 1 time out of 3.

Again,THEIR reads on YOU play big here IMO. The way you played this hand pre-flop if I had no reads at all on you I could easy be putting you on a bigger ace that missed and you're just shove bluffing total air. If you have any kind of over pair I still have a 1 in 3 shot to be better at showdown so all is not lost.

His stack,I really don't like your check-raise shove here TBH. You're OOP on a coordinated board. What if it had just checked around? Then you've let not one but TWO players peel a free card on a board that's coordinated and in a $1 tourney hits the range of a very likely hand for at least 1 of the villains here,A-rag,very hard.

I'm OK with the flat call pre-flop for the set mine. You're deep enough and getting a decent price. But that flop I would want to take the initiative every time myself. You got a good result (the call) with a crap outcome (the beat) here,but much more often than not I think the check raise here is going to be a bad play.

As to the "how am I ever going to win if this always happens?" thing...one word---MATH.

How many times does one have to fade 10%,15%,20%...33% as here and just straight flips to take down a freezeout MTT? Never mind that to ship one if it's a field of anything over a couple hundred runners then I guarantee you that you WILL have to get lucky yourself on a couple/few suck outs to win. That's the reality which why being BR'ed to be able to survive through long dry spells is the discipline. Unless you're OK with re-loading.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 01:16 AM
(#11)
ty moxie, that was some great reading and solid advice and thought process giving me lots to consider tyvm

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com