Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 09, 2012, 02:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

JunoPax

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 02:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 05:28 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL 9-max/ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#4)
Just finished attending the live training session.

Here's a hand I played on the play money tables:

I won the hand but I have a few questions regarding my play. Pre-flop was it the right play to just call? And on the flop do you think I could have played the hand any differently to get more value or was going all in the right play?

Thanks.

Last edited by JunoPax; Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 03:04 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:39 AM
(#5)
Hi,

With in the small blind and the stack depth of the villains involved in the pre-flop raising, a flat call can be an "ok" line. But playing a multi-way pot OOP(out of position) is tough depending on the villains tendencies post flop

Although a 3bet to around 13k+ would also be good to thin the field down and hopefully get the pot heads up and increase our hand strength.

What where your reads on the villains?
Regarding the flop value line, we can lead out and bet 3/4 pot, this flop texture is going to hit the villains range very solid based on the pre-flop raising/call(AA KJ AK KQ, suited broadways) all of these hands will call our bet or raise>>>then we 4bet

Very nice hand and nice pot!

You will need to take the Basic Assessment Quiz/Course, once you have passed it please let me know and you'll be advanced to the next stage in your Bank Roll Builder.

Good luck at the tables.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Nov 10, 2012 at 01:48 AM..

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 02:43 AM
(#6)
Hi! Thanks for the reply and all the advice.

The players on the table were a bunch of loose passive players, they were only raising their premium hands and limping with all the other hands. Anyway, I agree that 3 betting would have been better instead of playing OOP.

On the flop I was thinking of a check raise line because I wanted to put as much money as possible because the board was really draw heavy. But looking back, leading out would have probably a good idea too.

Thanks again!

I already passed the Basic Assesment/Quiz a while back ago. What do I do now?

Cheers!

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
(#7)
You played the hand well.

Time for the real money games.

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this buy-in at the 9-max/full ring 1/2c tables and if you encounter a hand that you did not feel to sure about post a hand replay and I'll analyze it for you.

Complete the cash game course and receive your second $2 buy-in

This is how the 2 remaining buy-ins can be awarded to you:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM..

Old
Sun Nov 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
(#8)
Just lost my first buy-in. Played real bad on a couple of hands. I also wasn't able to copy much of the hands in for the hand replayer. Sorry.

What do I do next?

Here I absolutely played 99 wrong. The villain was very loose and played a lot of hands betting everything so I thought that my hand was best and tried to get him all in. I didn't think he would have top pair. looking back I should have just played conservatively.

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:26 AM
(#9)
Hi,

With 99 vs a loose aggressive villain and their stack depth is 50bb, I'd 3bet bet them to 18 or 24c, we can expect a lot of folds pre-flop and take down the pot uncontested or they will 4bet jam a wide range in which we will call.

Another line vs. a loose aggressive villain with a bigger stack size 100bb+, I'd flat their 3x open and evaluate flop and turn play. There are just to many board textures that we will not feel comfortable putting chips in to the pot and often will be beat. If they have shown the tendency to bluff based on showdown ranges, take a pot control line with 99 c/c(check call).

When we check raise jammed the turn, what where we trying to get value from?

Please take the Cash Game Quiz. Once you have passed it please let me know and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 12, 2012 at 05:36 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
(#10)
Just passed the cash game quiz.

Thanks again for the advice Cannon. Just noticed that you are a fellow Filipino. Cool.

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunoPax View Post
Just passed the cash game quiz.

Thanks again for the advice Cannon. Just noticed that you are a fellow Filipino. Cool.
Any time you want advice, I'm here as well everyone here in the PSO community.

Well done on passing the Cash Game quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours! Please let me know once you have got it.

Best of luck at the tables. Mabuhay

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#12)
Just received my second br. thanks.

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
(#13)
Btw, I've already earned more than 10 vpps. Would I get the rest of the br or are there still other requirements?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com