Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Should I call down here?

Old
Should I call down here? - Sat Nov 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
My opponent is a loose aggressive, VPiP 44%, PFR 17%, 8% AGG.

Just wondering if this is a leak as he's the type of player that just likes to bully you off a hand.

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi oval,

Not sure about the read here, as 8% AGG is actually really passive postflop. I would say this guy seems to be betting post flop only when he's got something with this low an AGG, which makes this a fold for sure. Against an opponent who is hyper aggressive post flop calling down is fine in a spot like this though.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Sorry Dave, my mistake for confusing, it's Agg factor, not % which I regard as pretty high. I also had notes on him from STTs from when I wasn't using HEM2 which said he was a raising station.

I'm wondering is it profitable calling down a raising station (not just this player) with hands like these? I know he's also raising KQo etc. to the river but also know he's firing if he hits any part of the flop.

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I'm wondering is it profitable calling down a raising station (not just this player) with hands like these? I know he's also raising KQo etc. to the river but also know he's firing if he hits any part of the flop.
If the guy is routinely donk betting flops and 3 barreling air, then sure it's fine. You might also mix in some flop or turn raises. Flop raise and check back turns (or bet again when you have it). Turn raise looks stronger and they usually check to you on the river if they call, so that allows you to check down ace high and showdown for the same price as simply calling all the way down, but bet again if you improve on the river, winning an extra bet if he calls you.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
(#5)
I like the idea of reraising, something I don't normally do in this case but I'm wondering is it a profitable play overall against players like this?

Considering I'm typically 60/40 but there will also be many times when I'm behind. I don't really want to call down A high when there are so many hands by the river that can beat me.

Thanks for the input BTW.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com