Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
This is the first time that i try pokerstars. Its very nice, i was reading the bankroll builder and its very interesting, anybody can help me with this PLEAse!!!

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 09:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plas78 View Post
This is the first time that i try pokerstars. Its very nice, i was reading the bankroll builder and its very interesting, anybody can help me with this PLEAse!!!
Hi plas78,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 11, 2012, 05:14 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi plas78,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money full-ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cool
Hand replayer - Sun Nov 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
(#4)
I did a hand with the hand replayer here is:

I made all in with good carts.

He has an straight oh!!

OH, four of a kind

winning by a kicker

I lose with a flush
I went to the sunday special zoom mania

Last edited by plas78; Sun Nov 11, 2012 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: imcomplete content

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 04:29 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi plas78,

Thanks for posting these hands and I'll ask one of the hand analysers to review them for you.

Also it's great that you attended this live training.

However there is just a few pointers for you going forward for the promotion that you will need to stick to so that you will be eligible for any bonuses.

1) It's important that you follow the instructions carefully, for example, if a trainer asks you to play fullring tables please play the 9-man tables and not 6-max.

2) It's always good to attend as much live training sessions as possible. Attending the ZOOM session was good but you will need to attend the 'Getting Started' session as instructed above to advance in the promotion.

3) Try and post no more than one or two hands for review at any one time.

Let me know once you've attended the 'Getting Started' session and we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi plas78!

Please, in the future for this promotion, play only full ring tables, as they will be the ONLY ones that you will be able to play with any of the buy-ins, or you will be disqualified from earning further buy-ins. Also, it helps for a discussion to stick to one or two hands (when you're finished with the promotion, the hand analysis forums need to be one hand per thread).

With AK from UTG, I want to make a standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Nothing more, nothing less. This keeps the strength of my hand hidden from the opps, as I will make the same play regardless of what I'm holding.
Instantly shoving 199BB is a really, really bad play with any hand, especially a non-made hand, as it will get a player value-owned. They will not earn chips from any realistic players with worse hands and will only get called by better hands. It is a 100% losing proposition over time. Yes, anyone can get lucky, but relying on luck instead of skill will cost any player their bankroll.

With J9 from UTG, this is not a strong enough hand to be playing so I will muck it immediately. Making an abnormally large raise will once again, only result in me getting value-owned... which it absolutely did, as J9 is an underdog to the better hand of A3. I want to be betting when my hand is ahead, not behind.

With 47o from the small blind, this is also an easy instant muck. 47 is a very bad hand and since I'm out of position, I do not want to be putting chips into the pot with a bad hand. Playing too many hands from the small blind is one of, if not the largest way for a player to leak off chips and lose $.

With AJs from the BB, when the other three opps limp, here again is where I wan tto make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers, I need to raise to 6BB, which is to 12. Once again, randomly shoving all my chips into the pot without seeing all 5 cards on the board without a made hand is something that should be avoided, because I will only get value-owned by a realistic opponent.

With K6 suited, just because cards are suited does not mean that it is a good hand. This is another one where I need to take a hand that is marginal-at-best and muck it preflop. When the flop brings an ace, my pair of kings is almost always going to be behind here and since I do not want to be putting chips into a pot when I'm behind in the hand, I need to muck here even if I saw the flop.

Patience is a HUGE key in the game of poker that needs to be learned and is a mandatory part of every winning player's game.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:47 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi plas78,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Quiz and live training - Sun Nov 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#8)
Today I passed the quiz (Not before because i was busy)
And i went to the live training

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Today I passed the quiz (Not before because i was busy)
Hi plas78,

That's cool, , you can do this at your own pace, it's even better for you when you don't rush it. Congrats on passing the quiz.

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cool
Thanks - Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#10)
Thnks a lot i received the money and i started playing with the real money and i winned 0.20 cents here is a hand

After this hand in already 3 hands y recover all that i has of money but i lforgot to take this handand now mya account balance is 2.17 and i have 0.63 frequent player points an i can co to the live training session the tuesday because On monday i havent time

Last edited by plas78; Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: incomplete

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Thnks a lot i received the money and i started playing with the real money and i winned 0.20 cents here is a hand

After this hand in already 3 hands y recover all that i has of money but i lforgot to take this handand now mya account balance is 2.17 and i have 0.63 frequent player points an i can co to the live training session the tuesday because On monday i havent time
Hello plas78
10J is not strong enough to play from early postion. It worked out well for your here, but I suggest you fold this in the future. It will save you money UTG I open with AQ and pairs 88 or better.

In addition, as a general rule, any time you are the first to act preflop (it is folded to you) you should open with a standard 3x raise. This will conceal the type of hand you are playing, AND reduce the number of players entering the pot.

You played the hand fine postflop

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi plas78,

Next up please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Let me know once you've attended and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Session completed - Tue Nov 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
(#13)
Hi today I watched the getting started session (again)

and the bet sizing session

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi today I watched the getting started session .....
and the bet sizing session
Hi plas78,

Brilliant! thanks for doing this and I hope you found the live training session helpful.

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
cash game course - Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#15)
(again) i was busy but i passed the cash game course ans it not difficoult an what s next

Old
Bankroll - Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#16)
after i passed the quiz i played in a full ring table but i losed already 50 c i lose with three of kind and the other player has a straight.
i dont caught the hand

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:55 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
after i passed the quiz i played in a full ring table but i losed already 50 c i lose with three of kind and the other player has a straight.
i dont caught the hand
Brilliant! But remember that from now on you will have to posts any losing hands using the hand relplayer.

Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Session - Sat Dec 01, 2012, 02:51 PM
(#18)
hi, i went to the cash basics session and here is a pair of hands

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com