Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Nov 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, sign me up!?

Old
Mon Nov 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:06 AM
(#3)
hi, i have attended a 'getting started' training session, here's a hand i wasn't too sure about:

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.more247 View Post
hi, i have attended a 'getting started' training session, here's a hand i wasn't too sure about:

Hi p.more247

Nice pot

Normally, I would recommend folding Q10o from mid position. It is fine to open with from late postion but a bit weak, especially when unsuited, from mid or early postion.

When facing the all in reraise we have to fold every time. Most hands moving all in here will be ahead of us. Moreover, even when we are ahead, as in this spot (horrible shove by the villain), we are rarely more than a 60% favorite. Wait for a better spot. Being patient is a big part of poker.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#6)
I've now passed the poker basics assessment quiz
What next?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:12 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 03:41 AM
(#8)
buy in has been recieved( and lost ) and i have now attended the 'bet sizing' training session

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Please post a hand or two that you had problems with or lost the buy-in with using the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 11:16 PM
(#10)
heres a hand i wasnt too sure about, maybe a tip on betting sizes?

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:23 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.more247 View Post
heres a hand i wasnt too sure about, maybe a tip on betting sizes?

Hi p.more247, nice pot

I actually recommend folding A9s preflop in this spot for several reasons. The raise was larger than normal. You are going to be out of postion all hand, there is a player still left to act who might 4-bet and A9s is a dangerous hand to play.

With A9s we have no straight possibilities, and we have a fairly weak kicker. If we flop an A, we will often end up with the second best hand and get out kicked. If we flop a 9, it will not usually end up being top pair. So, with this hand our only good flop is for a flush draw. Luckily that was exactly what you got in this hand.

On the flop, you lead out with a min-bet. This is not a good bet size as it doesn't accomplish anything good for us. If you are going to bet, make it the standard 50%, or about 70% if you have a strong hand like a set and want to give a chaser bad odds to continue. The villain reraised 18 making it a 16 cent call for us in a pot with 43 cents. The villain has raised enough that it is slighly unprofitable pot odds for you to call in this spot.

The turn was great giving you the nut flush. The villain has raised every street, so check-raising as you did seems fine. However, your bet size was too small for several reasons. Firstly, mini-reraises on the turn or river are often a tell of a very strong hand. So, an observant player would understand you just made your flush. Secondly, a flush can still lose to a full house or quads, I never let people see a card cheaply when I have a made hand.

Finally, the villain has raised every street. He seems to like his hand. Therefore, he is more likely to pay off a larger raise from us. Raising more gives us better value for our made hand. The standard reraise size is 3x the original raise. The villain bet 42 and you have 147 remaining. I would probably have just moved all in. I definately would have moved all in on the river. You had very little remaining compared to the pot. Don't be afraid of betting your strong hands.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#13)
Hey, i've passed the Cash Game course and attended the live training session.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Which day did you attend the Cash Basics training session, as I don't have you on the list of attendees?

Please advise.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
(#15)
It was quite a while ago, maybe last week or the week before.. i was disconnected for part of the session so i guess i could attend it again?

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Please attend the session and if you were disconnected, that could be why. I've got to have you show on the list before I can unlock the buy-in for you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
(#17)
okay, i've just re-attended the cash basics training session

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi p.more247!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 11:47 PM
(#19)
okay well here are the hands i lost buy in with:

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#20)
(Head Trainer)
Hi p.more,

QTs - The preflop call is a bit loose in this position but it's ok, and I like the flop call (as opposed to raising). The big thing here I'd do differently is on the turn, min-raising is too small. We're giving the single ace of diamonds a correct price to try and draw out on us, giving 2 pair and sets a cheap price, and failing to grow the pot enough. We'd like to set up stacks on the river vs. these hands when a blank comes. When you get called there is now .75c in the pot and we have $1.03 left (effective with this caller is .91c)... it's harder to get the stack from worse on the river for an overbet shove. If instead of .16c to go we raise it up to like .28c, now when we get called the pot would be $1 and we'd have .79c effective behind, which makes getting the villain's stack easier on the river. As for you having the 2nd nuts and him actually having the nuts here, it happens, nothing you can do about that post flop.

A4o - With 3 loose limpers sticking it in on your last .09c here is probably fine. In practice I would not continue to play with .09c, reload to the table or failing having $$ to reload, save the .09c to add to your next brb deposit. Of course there's no need to leave until the blind comes to you, so see the free hands and certainly stick the money in should you receive any premium... you might double or triple up and the leave on your BB with more money to roll over.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com