Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

hi

Old
hi - Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
BronzeStar
hi everyone, just wanted to know what people think, i've heard there are more badbeats in freerolls because of bad software, is this true or does it seem there is more badbeats because there are more people in each pot on freerolls?

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hello and welcome to the forum. If you search, you'll find lots of info on odds.

Old
Welcome - Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi the dread777. Welcome to the forum. Here is an overview of the site to help you find your way around.

More players going to showdown does increase the chances of a bad beat happening. In a freeroll there are lots of marginal hands taken to showdown, thus more bad beats. You can use the odds calculator to find out what the odds of any hand winning the pot against any combination of hands.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
Hi the dread777. Welcome to the forum. Here is an overview of the site to help you find your way around.

More players going to showdown does increase the chances of a bad beat happening. In a freeroll there are lots of marginal hands taken to showdown, thus more bad beats.

Good luck
Doug

Hi and welcome, Yes as Doug said, when playing Freerolls people will go in with any 2 cards. the reason is because it's free, they didn't have to pay money to get into the tournament, although I still get peed off, because I go in with the better hand ect and they win, someone said to me " A fish will get more chips in his life time than the average poker player, but the average poker player will get more money than the fish " These are true words, just use these freerolls as a starting ground on how to play poker, and to get used to the game, I'm still learning, and I'm still doing the FPP Broze Tourny's

These are good to try and build your bankroll. I hope this helps, you and good luck at the tables!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com