Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi, I should qualify for the Bankroll Builder promotion - what do I do next?

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL 9-max/ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#4)

Not sure if the link worked - Did I make the right lay down here percentage wise? top pair with A kicker, but I suspected he had trips which he did.

What's my next step?

Thanks,

Luke

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 06:16 PM
(#5)
I also attended the Getting Started Poker School, and passed the Basic Quiz - I noticed from reading other threads they are the next steps.

Let me know what else to do.

Thanks,

Luke

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:34 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeMD6 View Post
I also attended the Getting Started Poker School, and passed the Basic Quiz - I noticed from reading other threads they are the next steps.

Let me know what else to do.

Thanks,

Luke
Hi,

With on the button I'm going to raise 4x the big blind + 1 for each limper(10 to 12chips). If the villain in the big blind click back min raises and the other villains flat call, I'm going to re-raise all in. If we follow suit and call behind it's decreasing our hand strength and equity in the pot playing a muli-way pot with AK.

On the flop we made the right fold. If they had any of the combos for Qx(in this scenario yes) we are drawing to about 15% to scoop the pot, we can maybe call to try and peel that the :J but if the turn is bricked now our percentage to win the hand is about 9%. Good fold.

Well done on the quiz!

Your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at the NLHE 9-max 1/2c tables. If you encounter any situations that where difficult, post a hand replay here and I'll assist you.

Best of luck at the tables!

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:05 PM
(#7)
Thanks a lot!

What do I have to do to earn my next $2?

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
(#8)
Here is a hand I played at the .01/.02 no limit table let me know what you think!

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
(#9)

Got caught trying to trap them here... What should I have dont differently? Big raise after the turn??? I saw the flush draw but didnt think the had a flush because there was only 1 club on the flop... I figured maybe AQ or KQ?

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#10)
Here is the hand that cost me the rest of my buy in...

I flopped bottom pair and a 4 flush draw with a mediocre 9 kicker. completed the flush on the river, but he complete his full house. Tough for me not to call when I have a flush, the chances of him having one as well are pretty thin, and he would have needed a 10d Jd or Qd to beat me. I thought maybe he had an A or a K with a good kicker J? or he was trying to bluff me off the pot. Should I have layed that down? That was the end of my last $2 which was credited to my account. Am I finish with the Bankroll Builder promotion or is there a way to get more? I am more of a tornament player and don't play cash games often.

Old
Sat Nov 17, 2012, 03:06 AM
(#11)
Hi,

What where your reads on villain8?
is a decent pocket pair to have in an unopened pot sitting in the CO(cut off position).

The 4x raise looks super strong, I'd open for 3x. example: what do we do when a villain behind us 3bets to 24 or 32c
after we open for 4x sitting on a 100bb stack depth? 1.) Jam? 2.) Flat? 3.) Fold? Overall it depends on the reads we have on the villains. Also it's inflating the pot and even though we will be in position post flop, most board textures we will rarely feel comfortable betting for value and only betting to pick up a dead money/bluffing. This is more of a fit or fold hand>> hit a set (three of a kind) or maybe flop some equity with a OESD(open ended straight draw).

I'm very surprised villain8 flat called from the SB(small blind) with the top of their starting hand range .

On a flop texture of facing a SB lead out, this looks strong. It shows that they are willing to play a pot OOP(out of position) vs. the preflop aggressor. Their range is weighted towards top pair AT KT QT JT T9 T8 T7, sets TT 33, maybe over pairs JJ QQ KK AA(but this range is almost by default always 3betting pre-flop from the SB) and possibly some flush draws(highly unlikely as their stack size is 50bb). I'd raise villain8's > 8c bet to 20c as this range of top pair AT KT QT JT T9 JJ QQ KK AA also getting a drawing hand to call (98 97, spades > AJs AQs AKs A9s A8s A7s A6s KQs KJs KTs K9s K8s QJs QTs Q9s etc.. ) we can get value from. A call is also fine, if you believe there are enough
bluffs in their range that do not contain a flush draw.

On the turn, villain8 bets about 1/2 pot, 15c. I'd adjust my raise size to 37 or 42c, taking into account the villains stack depth 41bb(83c) they are betting 2 streets(flop and turn) for value and in rare circumstances bluffing. This range AT KT QT JT T9 T8 T7 JJ QQ KK AA is going to 4bet us and try to get in.

Very nice pot and hand!

what where your reads on the villains?
UTG(under the gun/1st to act pre-flop) this is a fold. I know it looks nice as it's suited, but there is just such a wide range ahead of us that contains Qx with a better kicker(Q9 QT QJ KQ AQ QQ) aswell other hands that contain a 8x (A8 K8). Even though this is a marginal hand it'll play better in a late position C0 or BTN in an unopened pot as there are fewer players left behind to act ultimately narrowing the Qx combos, but even then, there are so many other hands that we are behind from a percentage/odds standpoint.

On the flop being a dry board, in a multi-way limp pot, I'm leading out for a healthy bet of 7c. There is a wide range of Qx to get value from (Q6 Q7 Q9 QT QJ KQ), 8x (A8 K8 J8 T8 98), low/mid pairs (33 to 77), maybe a limped big pair (99 to AA), inside draww JT J9, also it can induce a float from Ax and Kx high high card.

The turn, I'd bet for value, 18c.(see ranges above)

The river, interesting spot. You mentioned that you didn't put him on the flush. Let's look at ranges that are betting
the flop that have back door equity(clubs, AQs KQs[definately would've raised pre-flop] (QTs Q9s Q7s Q6s) these
are the only ranges that plausibely complete a flush on the river as the villain limped pre>>bet flop/turn/river.
Are they capable of betting 22 or 88 on this river, after all these hands might limp in pre.
If we are to look at villain1's bet sizing, flop 6c>>turn 10c>> river 50c, it looks like they are trying to make up
for lost value on previous streets or bluffing, This could be a fold, depending on our reads for villain1, how active where they at the table? What range where they taking to showdown in previous hands played? Readless..a check call is fine in this spot, I believe there are enough hands that villain1
can be value owning themselves with on this river trying to leverage our stack size>>board texture.(QJ QT Q9 Q7 AQ KK AA)

What where your reads on the villains?
In the CO, this is a fold pre-flop.
Flop. In a multiway pot A K is present on the flop and well within an UTG and SB limping range.(A3+ K7s+), I'm checking behind, even though we have bottom pair 9high + flush draw>>if we are to bet we'll be charging ourselves to draw to our equity and playing an inflated pot.(same applies to turn play)

On the river, facing an over bet jam, this is a fold even though we have a flush. There are certianly higher flush combos from the SB. (diamonds, QJ QT Q9 Q8 Q7 Q6 Q5 Q4, JT J9 J8 J7, T9 T8 T7) (full house A4 K4) would play the
flop and turn the same way.

I hope this helps.

You still can earn 3 more Bank Roll Builder buy-ins!
Please take the Cash Game Quiz, once you have passed it, let me know and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in
will be awarded to you!

Good luck!

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
(#12)
I passed the cash game quiz. When will my $2 be deposited into my account?
Thanks,
Luke

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#13)
Quote:
I passed the cash game quiz. When will my $2 be deposited into my account?
Thanks,
Luke
Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!
Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#14)

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:00 PM
(#15)

Got a little lucky that the board paired and I ended up with the nuts... my read was that one or both of them had a 6.

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#16)
Hi,

Doing well at the tables!

What where your reads on villain1? Did they just lose a big pot? Have they been active at the table? Do they frequently open raise 15bb on a 40bb stack depth?

All the questions above would determine the line I'd take in this hand. This hand will most likely be in a coin flip situation(villains..two overs cards to our pair) getting it in pre-flop vs. a 40bb stack, but it just so happened that the villain woke up with making them an overwhelming favourite but not a "sure win" in the hand.. 80/20. This is really a spot if you have the proper bankroll to cushion a coin flip and information on a villains tendencies over a decent sample size.. a re-raise all in can be justified. But most times we should just fold this hand and pick a better spot where our equity is at least 30% . Very nice hand with the quad 4's

What where your reads on the villains involved in the hand?
It's very important to take notes and observe their tendencies, ultimately this can help accurately range a villain.

Pre-flop I'm going to open for the standard 3x amount (6c, limping in and inviting other players into the pot is decreasing my overall hand strength. I want to get this pot HU(heads up) or a the max 3way.

On the flop I'd raise to 12c to get value from the ranges mentioned below, this low middling board() texture hits a lot of players limping range in a multi way pot (J8 Q8 K8 98 A7 K7 J7 97 85 75 76 A6 K6s, with the occasional trappy limped high pocket pair in the mix TT+ :P No need to worry about 96 or 46 being present..

Turn, 2 villains called our flop raise of 8c. Villain4 bet 10c and villain5 calls behind, at this moment V4 might be capable of leading out with the straight holding a range like 76 A6 K6, we have to call here because there are also still a lot bluffs in their range (top pair, 2nd pair, 2 pairs etc..)

River, V5 bets 30c...when we fill up(full house), our bet sizing is fine considering the villains stack depth, we could elect to fist pump jam all in..but we do not want to fold out a range of 7x on a 4card straight board and we want to get those hero calls with TPGK(top pair good kicker) or the trappy TT+ to call..well played and nice pot

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
(#17)
Thanks for the input! How do I earn the other $4??

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Thanks for the input! How do I earn the other $4??
Anytime!

Below is an overview of how the 2 remaining buy-ins are awarded. Please let me know which of the 3 you qualify for.

After completing the cash game quiz, there are three ways you can earn two additional buy-ins**:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Good luck!

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
(#19)

Tough to lay down this hand - my read was either a flush draw trying to bluff the pot, or A 10. I didnt think all 4 jacks would have been in play and figured we would split pot or I would win if he was bluffing. Down to $1.30 or so and have around 7 FPP so I am getting close to the other $4.

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#20)

I am coming undone... after a few small pot losses I tried to bluff and this happened. I am now out of money. This was a poor decision. Am I able to get the other $2?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com