Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

My blog about my road towards the top

Old
My blog about my road towards the top - Wed Nov 14, 2012, 07:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Hey guys I invite you all to read my blog if you are a cashgame player. I'll be regularly writing blogs about how I take poker and improve my play aswell keep the mentality up.

First 2 blogs should be out. For sure 1
Talking about my downswing of over 20buyins. and how I'm grinding it up again at lower stakes.

I'll discuss:
- ranges I open
- when and why I call
- How to take a downswing
- How to take reads in zoom and abuse it from just seeing 1-5hands of a player.
- And open for a lot more if you guys want it.

Together we improve!

Blog1: The downswing... What to do?
Blog2: The importance of NOTES... in zoom
Blog3: General approach with opening ranges
Blog4: Calling ranges & postflop play with bet sizing.
Blog5: Extra side motivator at my cashtables
Blog6: EUR banking | bluffing | PLO grinding and comparing it with NLHE
Blog7: The zoom Upswing!
Blog8: Playing all the Pocket Pairs. Easy, fast & profitable
Blog9: My last month + finally NL10 (again)

I will stop posting my blogs here. Only the real followers of my blogs will get to read it. Or if it gets featured.

Last edited by Sentras; Tue Dec 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 07:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
hey Sentras,

looking forward to read your blog because I'm a terrible cash game player

good luck

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
(#3)
Hey marvinsytan I seen you around on this foruma nd see you are MTT SNG player.
I actually also come from that background. Now last year I fully put my attention to cashgames and such. More like deepstack poker.
Last month I lost all of my bankroll due partly not efficiënt bankroll methods, and not dropping down. Which I paid the price for.

But working my way up again, and i feel the need sharing the story and how I play. With the info's you'll read you'll be able to abuse and beat me in zoom.
(Until I notice that you abuse me and make a note about it.)

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 06:33 AM
(#4)
I just added a 2nd part in my blog about the importance of notes in zoom and which I use. Hope you like it.

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Hey Sentras nice blog

just a suggestion can you paste the link here so we can all

just click the link of your blog to read it

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#6)
And the 3th blog is online! Have a nice read for those who want. Comments suggestions discussion improvements more than welcome!

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
(#7)
And my 4th blog is online! Calling ranges & postflop play with bet sizing

Hopefully you'll all have a nice ready of my 4key blogs for NL2 how I beat zoom 6-max. Obviously there are way better ways of approaching. But this felt to me the easy and fast way to beat it with a low variance.

On avg I had 20-25BB every 100hands. I'm also confident this play has major leaks in it. Or missed value due my strange bettings but hey. It's how I feel I get lots of safe & good value from them.

I'm currently looking for a new theme to blog about for NL2. Else I'll soon start my transition blog towards my NL5.
I might also add a blog about playing drunk and how to optimize that. I played while being toxicated Some people can't help it such as myself. But I made myself some basic rules, which I can easely follow during that time. Avoiding a huge dumb in my stack the next morning Somethimes even a decent raise.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
(#8)
And I added another blog. Hope you like it.
This time its more of a motivator tactic which seems to be working well for me. I think it can also be used in MTT SNG's. with some variants of it.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 07:24 AM
(#9)
And yet another got written. Hope you have a nice read.
Here is the blog.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
(#10)
Blog7 about my upswing is there

But mostly I made a new blog 8!!! about
Playing all the Pocket Pairs. Easy, fast & profitable

Read more here.

Let me know if it helps you guys or whether some other blogs improved your play!

Last edited by Sentras; Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 09:37 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:24 PM
(#11)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
Cannot get the PLO one to open I think the link is incorrect?

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 02:40 AM
(#12)
Strange, for me it is working fine. However that blog isn't really giving much info over PLO. If however you are intrested in starting to grind PLO I must suggest you go to:
Videos => advanced: lessons & omaha => search

You'll find only 3videos. Those 3 will let you beat the PLO microstakes without a problem! best of luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com