Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Coinflip

Old
Coinflip - Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi again,

how many outs do I need in order to have a coinflip on the flop? How can I get there using the rule of 2 and 4?

TY

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2012
Following up on this: How can I calculate the odds in 3-way situations?

Say I have AKo against JTs and 99.

What are my chances?

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
12outs would get you around 48% to win the hand on the river. Often this is the case with an open ending straight draw + an overcard. Assuming if you hit the overcard you win.

from 13outs or over you will always get your money in good.
If all your draws are live.!!

To calculate your percentages roughly you've got to do your outs x2 for every street.

So after flop there are 2streets to come the turn and river.
If you have 12 outs. you'll have 12 x2 to hit your card on the turn and another 12 x2 to hit it on the river. For a total of 48% Thats the easy math for you.

To see 3way, I don't know the exact calculations. But as there is pocket 99, and blockers to a potential straight of you. I'd say 40% chance to win the hand.

You'll have to hit your A or K or the 9's win.
Thats around 43% of the time you'd get an A or K, without the 99's hitting a set.
And I presume with all the blockers 10J would only have like 5% to win from you if you hit.

Getting your money in around 38-40% So 3-way thats a good deal.
If I'm wrong please do correct me
The % might vary depending if you have blockers to the suits of 10J.

Last edited by Sentras; Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
I suggest you go to pokerstove.com and download their FREE poker equity caculator many of your question regarding odds / percentages are just a couple mouse clicks away. and there's a video in the archives here to help get you started using it. have fun with your new toy

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
Indeed good point.
On ****************** they also have equilab there. A free program to use aswell. Does the same thing i presume.

Calculate your winchances in situations:
- pre flop
- postflop
- against ranges
- multiways up to 6?

Old
is NOT allowed to be opened when Pokerstars program runs... - Wed Feb 24, 2016, 08:14 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2013
"""pokerstove.com and download their FREE poker equity caculator"""

is NOT allowed to be opened when Pokerstars program runs...

Old
Wed Feb 24, 2016, 08:38 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautdayStar View Post
"""pokerstove.com and download their FREE poker equity caculator"""

is NOT allowed to be opened when Pokerstars program runs...
this thread was from 2012 and when it was made, Pokerstove was allowed to be used while the client was open. Not allowing it was a recent change to the TOS.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com