Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

How did I play this hand?

Old
How did I play this hand? - Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar

Just wanting some advice on how I could of played the hand differently?
I understand in regards I should of raised pre-flop but considering my chip stack I wanted to attempt to gain as much profit from this hand as possible without players folding.

Lucikly he was just bluffing with 72o funnily enough!

But also to add I'd been studying this guy since the start of the tournament and I knew he was extremely aggressive and alot of times he'd play with weak hands so I took that into consideration when the 3 clubs came on the flop.

Regards.

Last edited by Loveyy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate section JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
(#3)
Never open-limp, unless you are guaranteed you'll draw a raise. If a hand isn't worth an open-raise, why are you playing it?

Good decisions!

Old
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
(#4)
Hi Loveyy,

Way way way too passive here man.

I prefer raising pre since we are in a stealing position a maniac could still try and bluff us.

Once you get the desired raise you're letting him off the hook again by flat calling. What happens in the scenario we don't hit the K and he c-bets?

On the flop we definately need to bet since any club on the turn will make us very unhappy, either beating our hand or killing our action.

On the turn we just gotta get in it, pot is too big.

Turn up the aggression dial to 10

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com