Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Playing against loose passive

Old
Playing against loose passive - Thu Nov 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi,

I desperately need some advice on how to play profitably against loose passive players. I know that many people want to play against that type of players but i just find it surprisingly difficult. The problem is that whatever hand i am holding i get outdrawn so many times that i lose more often than i win.

My original strategy was to tighten up and play only premium and very strong starting hands against those type of players because i knew i would be paid off handsomely. However, this just has not worked for me yet. I keep a record of my hand history and these are my statistics for the 4 premium starting hands for the past 3 days:

-AA dealt 0 times
-KK dealt 0 times
-QQ dealt 6 times (won 2 - both of them preflop)
-AK dealt 4 times (won 1 - preflop)

overally i lost a lot of money playing those hands agressively preflop and on the flop. I just got outdrawn by trash.
How am i suppose to play then? can you help me out?

Old
Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
In a nutshell:

-Don't bluff
-Don't pay off
-Value bet, value bet, value bet

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
i fully agree with Dave

keep in mind that when a loose passive player starts putting a lot of money in the pot, he usually has the goods

gl at the tables

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com