Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max zoom: Dry board, raise flop, top pair

Old
5NL 6max zoom: Dry board, raise flop, top pair - Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

Here is an interesting hand, I have top pair second kicker on a dry flop. A player in position on us raises our cbet.

I don't run a HUD so no stats on him, I don't recognize him, so straight away assume he isn't a reg.

Some other extra info, that may help some people. He is russian, and he is 1 tabling.

What sort of hands do you think he has? And what should we do here?

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Craig

I don't want to continue here in this spot. I don't think our opponent is going to be doing this with KJ-K9 often enough.

Remember that in multiway pots our continuing ranges should be tighter, relative to how many players. So this opponent is raising against 2 players, which shows more strength than usual.

We are out of position on a dry board. We are going to have a tough time showing our hand down or getting value later. He is essentially putting us to a big comittment decision now and I think we should give it up.

What kind of hands could he do this with? Well if he is a 1 tabler from russia I would guess, 68, K8, K6, 66, 88, AK, AA, and maybe KQ/KJ/KT. I don't think we're going to be head enough against this kind of range, even if we add in the odd T9s or A5 airball.

Out of position, multiway, no chance of improving later, I'm letting this one go

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com