Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max zoom: 3bet pot, flopped set, vs. supernova, brag post

Old
5NL 6max zoom: 3bet pot, flopped set, vs. supernova, brag post - Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

The villain in this hand is a supernova that has been playing 5NL, and it was this fact that decided the way I played that hand.

This post is pretty much just a brag :P.

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Nice! I actually like the turn check here, as I think he will likely bet with JJ/QQ which if we barrel he might get away from jacks. And if he's floating us with AK or a smaller pair, or anything else, it gives him a chance to execute the float. Normally I'm not an advocate of slow playing but I don't consider this turn check a true slow play... it's more of a deception line because if we barrel the turn our range looks so strong, and a good player can easily get away from a hand even as strong as JJ here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Yea I've been getting so many folds and didn't want another one.
I knew this guy was a thinking player, so the turn check back to let him take a stab.
Then the river A and i lead out again, he won't be scared at all. He would think a pair over a T I would just be barreling and even if i had AK we just chop, so he shoves here in-case I have some weaker hand like AQ in my range sometime that he makes more money from because I'm in the big blind, 3-betting the cutoff.
Perfect result !

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com