Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-Max NLHE - suited semi-connectors - 3-bet light

Old
2NL 6-Max NLHE - suited semi-connectors - 3-bet light - Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I think my opponent here is exploitable in certain situations - so I try a light 3-bet with suited middling cards - flop really nice and draw better

I think I should have made more of this - unusual situation maybe - I bet small on the river hoping for reraises - but at 2NL I suppose I should probably bet more when I have it for value

any thoughts welcome

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Ed,

I would have bet bigger on every street and shoved the river. It looks so much like a missed flush draw that he would probably have called.

As for the 3bet pre, absolutely an inspired move, you must have had a killer read, and it is obviously not Zoom.

Edit J9 is the only hand that had you beat as far as I can work out.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop is a little unnecessary for my taste at those stakes, but since you are with deep effective stacks and in position I dont mind it too much. 96s is just a little too bad to call here, so why not.

As played I am def going with topcats points betting bigger on each street and trying to maximize value OTR where your hand may look like a bluff. Villain will most likely call down here with weak SD value and never with a nut type hand so we do not need to be afraid of a hand like J9 being sandbagged here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com