Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Would you make the call?

Old
Would you make the call? - Sun Nov 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
BronzeStar

While a friend of mine playing i came up with a hand like this. Looking forward to hear your evaluations about this hand

Read: (The one who won the pot is TAG player and 100% C-Bets even though he missed the flop - turn or river and playin a little bit donkish i think..)

Last edited by Darkod10; Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dark,

I would call here... he's not c-betting he's donk betting (c-bet is a continuation of your aggression from the prior street, but he's not the prior aggressor, you are, where as donk betting means to bet into the aggressor from the prior street). Usually people don't do this with monsters like sets, they check to let you c-bet then raise. So it's pretty typical to see a player doing this on a 1 pair hand (probably Qx on this board texture) or a draw. On the shallow depth of money I would actually jam all in over his flop donk bet, as I think he's calling with all of it and we don't risk any scary card coming and slowing him down. Of that entire range only AQ is beating us and we wouldn't expect to see that too often with him limping preflop, so if the read is accurate we should almost always be ahead here.

Also recommend revising your read, open limping AQ is not a standard TAG play, I think a tight-aggressive player would open this for a raise preflop the vast majority of the time.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2012
BronzeStar
Hi Dave,

Thats why i thought he couldnt have AQ. Until that time, he always 3 bets and then go on with c-betting. But at this hand he limped then raised and donk bet. But i will revise it.

Thanks for your comment

Old
Sun Nov 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Yeah, he can have AQ of course, but it's a small part of his range ultimately because he does raise it pre at least some of the time if not most of it, and he has a lot of other Qx combos he limps like KQ, QJ, QT, maybe Q9s etc. plus several combos in his limping range that flop draws here as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com