Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Micro Millions event 37

Old
Micro Millions event 37 - Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
I am going to play this event soon with late reg.
2rebuy 1 add PLO
Is it better to double rebuy straight away or maybe put some donk moves on or maybe some resteals with less than premium hands, with the option to rebuy if it all turns bad.!!!
Any body got a good way to chip up in these events?
chuckkky

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chuckkky!

When I'm playing a rebuy/add-on tourney, I always take a rebuy immediately so that I start with a double stack and always take the add-on.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I'm the opposite JWK, I try and build my stack from my initial amount but I always take the add on. I think both strategies have their merits but my reasoning is it saves me a buy in which over the long term mounts up. I kept records on another site that backed up my play.

I think skill wise I'm better than most of the field (don't we all) so I can make that up plus interest in the later stages of the game.

What works for me may not apply to everyone.

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Thanks for you thoughts.
I played in this but didn't last long.
I built up a nice stack early, then took a bad beat suckout.
Then I took my 2 rebuys at once and started spewin chips every where and didn't even make it to the addon. ROFLMTO for being a Donk. LOL
There's always another game to start up.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com