Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

What's most important for your preflop decission

Old
What's most important for your preflop decission - Mon Nov 19, 2012, 06:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi all,
what's the most importent fact for your preflop decissions?

Hand strength
Position at the table
Opponents' action in front of you

Thanks

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The most important thing for me is reads on the opponents. For example, if a nit raises in front of me, I am folding a lot of hands I would play if the raiser was a maniac.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by bearxing; Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Based on my own experience and from what I've read on various forums (info written by much more advanced players), position is very crucial.

For example, if two players who were equally as good and played exactly the same sat down at the same table, the one sitting to the left would win more money in the long run due to the inherent advantage of his position.

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Beginner358!

All of the above, plus multiple other things... reads, stack sizes, etc.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
i agree with John

stack size, position, hand strength, player types, actions before you, possible actions behind..

just as an example, in a full ring game i have AA in middle position. UTG opens..usually this is a 3B spot BUT..
what if there is a verry aggressive player behind me who likes to squeeze? (3B vs an open and a call)..

in this situation i would likely call to let the aggressive player squeeze and then take it from there

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com