Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2FR 3 bet light double barrel bluff

Old
NL2FR 3 bet light double barrel bluff - Mon Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi.

think iv probably asked this many times before but am still geting mixed up on what boards to c bet after u 3 bet light.

iv been having realy good results using weak aces to 3/4bet light, so was only a few hands in here, and russian multitabler with over 100bbs opens and one call form shorty, i rekon i can get 2 folds here so i 3 bet light.

The russian calls, and i fire a haf pot cbet on a flop with 2 Q's and 2 flush cards, problem is he calls, so i think maybe flush draw, but i rekon maybe KK (AA would ship)and he doesnt beleive i have a Queen, but i fire another bluff on a 3 turn wich doesnt improve anyones range but makes it look like i do actually have a Queen.

edit: i think i bet too big on turn?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...868_21FD65E0E5

Old
Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Ask yourself what you're representing. You're much less likely to have a Q in your range than he is here (and it seems like you haven't even considered the possibility of him having a Q in your ranging, yet AQ/KQ are reasonable to see from him in this spot).

When you 3b pre and go to the flop heads up, it's ok to be c-betting most of the time. His call in this spot indicates probably a pocket pair, a flush draw, or a Q slow playing. Turn bet sizing seems a little steep, if he check-raise ships you can't call, so save yourself a bit there and bet like $.58 imo. If he calls again, I'd shut it down on the river usually, unless I know specifically he'll call twice with hands like 88 here then fold to a river bet, in which case I'd shove any non-spade river. Only barreling the turn here though if I know he'll call once with small/med pairs or big aces and fold the turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 02:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi UrGetinTaxed

Nice aggressive line! Personally, I only bluff in 2NL if I have a very solid read on the villain and know that they can fold. In general, I find that value betting my strong hands and letting go of my missed hands works wonders at 2NL - play plain vanilla ABC poker. I would have played this as Dave suggested and given up on the river. Tt was pretty neat though to see you pull the trigger and take down the pot in a pretty scary spot

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
(#4)
understand what yous are both saying,i crush nl2 very easily, so i just try difrent more agro lines somtimes to get used to the agression for higher stakes, if that makes sense

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:10 PM
(#5)
[QUOTE=TheLangolier;375195]Hi,

Ask yourself what you're representing. You're much less likely to have a Q in your range than he is here (and it seems like you haven't even considered the possibility of him having a Q in your ranging, yet AQ/KQ are reasonable to see from him in this spot).

tbh when someone in NL2 who i read as a solid TAG, i seem to put them on QQ KK maybe JJ wen they cal a 3 bet from me, i usually follow this read thre, thats why here wen there is 2 q's on board i think QQ is not likely so maybe KK or possibly JJ wich will b hard to cal on a paired Q board, i think in full ring only donks call 3 bets with KQ, just my opinion, i try and find peoples calling 3 bet ranges but its hard unless they showdown! AQ was possible also, but i think on a flush board there gonna lead out with any Q, where here they check, and i bet in position!

this may actually be a leak im not sure what i just sed, that when somone out of position doesnt lead out when there are 2 flush cards they dont have top pair hands?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Wed Nov 21, 2012 at 01:18 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com