Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Nov 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
this will show my progress

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhalik View Post
this will show my progress
Hi perhalik,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#3)
thanks, I already finished Poker Basics course (with quiz), so i will wait for you to tell me if Im eligible

Old
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thanks, I already finished Poker Basics course (with quiz), so i will wait for you to tell me if Im eligible
Hi perhalik,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Only do the steps when instructed, not before, otherwise you might miss out on some bonuses.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#5)
I attended the course today, it was fun :-)
I played some zoom playmoney game and I want to know, if you would fold this hand or reraise...

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I attended the course today, it was fun :-)
I played some zoom playmoney game and I want to know, if you would fold this hand or reraise...
Hi perhalik,

Thank you for that and I can confirm you did attend the 'Getting Started' session with André.

Also thanks for posting this hand for review. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 09:56 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi perhalik!

With 77 and a limper in front of me, depending on how the table is reacting, I could either limp behind and try to setmine or make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, to 40. With only one opp limping, I'd raise more than I'd call.

I get to see the flop in position and see K22 and the opp that is out of position now leads into me for 50 chips, about 1/2 pot. This bet is most likely from a K or a 2, so even though I have a pair, I'm going to fold here and look for a better spot.
If they have a 2 or K, I only have two outs, so my hand equity is only 4%. I would have to call 50 chips into a pot of 195, which is 25.6%. Since my pot equity is much larger than my hand equity... I need to fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 04:22 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi perhalik,

For the rest of the promotion can we ask that you play normal fullring tables, not ZOOM tables as playing the normal tables will offer you a better opportunity to learn the values of bet sizing, ranging your opponents and evaluating your play.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 07:03 AM
(#9)
i completed this course some time ago...so?? :-)
Do I have to do it again?

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i completed this course some time ago...so?? :-)
Do I have to do it again?
Hi perhalik,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:12 PM
(#11)
Hi, im playing as needed, im dooing pretty good, but recently I lost a lot of money on one hand. Can you pls give some advice?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi, im playing as needed, im dooing pretty good, but recently I lost a lot of money on one hand. Can you pls give some advice?

Hi perhalik

Im glad to hear you are playing well

A2o is a tough hand to play. I actually suggest just folding preflop when facing a raise. Raising an unopened pot from the button or sb would be good though.

With aces with weak unsuited kickers, we need to ask ourselves "what are we hoping to flop?" If we flop an A we are often out kicked. If we flop a 2 we will never have top pair. And, we don't have any flush draws.

As played, once we do flop top pair, notice that there are two spades on the board. If you are going to raise, make it about 70% of the pot so that anyone chasing a draw will be making a mistake by calling.

On the river, villain 4 makes a solid raise. Notice that he has been passive the entire hand, but now wakes up and makes his first aggressive move. This is usually a sign of a strong hand. If a straight or flush draw seems possible, they usually have it. How could the 2 on the river have helped him? The only thing that makes sense is that he just made his flush. It is hard to fold two pair, but this would have been a good spot to fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, im playing as needed, im dooing pretty good
The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' Live Training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
(#14)
I have to say, that today was a bad day for me. I lost all money :-(
this was my most deadly hand for today Most of the time people try to steal the money from me through bluffing. I cant just wait for strong hands, they are not coming. And if I get something like AK, I never hit (happened 3 times today) and I lose against hands like 69 and so.
I want to ask you for another 2 bucks to try it again
I attended bet sizing training on 22nd (same day as basic training). If you want to, I can watch it again.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 05:06 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I want to ask you for another 2 bucks to try it again
I attended bet sizing training on 22nd (same day as basic training). If you want to, I can watch it again.
Hi perhalik,

Yes, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' session again. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

It's important only to do what is asked and not before otherwise you'll confuse the system, slow things down for yourself and possibly miss out on a bonus.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended 'Bet Sizing' again.so we can continue on in the promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Most of the time people try to steal the money from me through bluffing. I cant just wait for strong hands, they are not coming. And if I get something like AK, I never hit (happened 3 times today) and I lose against hands like 69 and so.
Hi perhalik

The mental game is an extremely important part of poker. It sounds like you are a bit on tilt. It happens to us all, but you need to regroup and focus on playing smart poker. AK doesn't win every time. You will only hit the flop 1 out of 3 times. Even AA only wins about 80% of the time. In the long run, we make most of our money off the 69 type of player.... if we play smart.

A3s is fine to open with from good position as you had. Remember though, that we are hoping to flop a flush or straight draw. Flopping an A is usually not too good for us because we far too often have the second best hand getting beat by a better kicker.

This was a tough spot since you had plenty of draws on the flop and turn. You played fine on the flop and turn. However, when a passive player calls every street then wakes up to make a river raise, it usually means they have a strong hand. Folding on the river would have saved you a bit, but this was a tough spot especially since you were so short stacked.

I wouldn't worry about this hand. You were behind from the start. Work more getting a positive mental attitude before you start playing

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi perhalik,

Yes, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' session again. These sessions can be found daily in the

Raiser
Hi, royalraise,
yesterday, I attended 'Bet Sizing' session with ChewMe (27th).

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 06:30 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, royalraise,
yesterday, I attended 'Bet Sizing' session with ChewMe (27th).
Hi perhalik,

Perfect yes, I can see you on the list of attendees. Did you find the session useful?

Just one more step to release your next bonus. It's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 12:42 PM
(#19)
Hi, Raiser
session was really interesting and I think I get some points from it.
I passed the cash game quiz today :-) Finally :-)

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:12 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, Raiser
session was really interesting and I think I get some points from it.
I passed the cash game quiz today :-) Finally :-)
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com