Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6 Max QQ 3-way

Old
10NL 6 Max QQ 3-way - Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
This was the second hand on a new table, no stats on the 2 villains or anything. Only reads were:

Villain 1: 14 tabling, in profit
Villain 3: Started off with $4.91, 1-tabling

Villain 3 3-bets, I didn't mind taking going all in with QQ against him as he looks fishy. Not sure if you would agree with me here.

I decided to 4-bet for value and also to isolate him. Unexpectedly, Villain 1 flats behind. He could be doing so with AK, QQ. AA and KK could have taken the same line too.

Villain 3 moves all in and I flatted the jam which I absolutely have no idea why I did so lol

Villain 1 jams, I don't think I can fold another $5 into the pot of $20 thus I called.

I put the 2 Villains' range as { QQ+, AKs, AKo }, we have 31% equity while they each have 34%.

1) When shortstack 3bets, is 4-betting optimal for value and isolation? Or flatting?

2) When shortstack moves all in, what step should we take?

3) Villain 1 goes all in, folding is still an option. But we have too much equity to fold right?

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like your thoughts on this hand and I would take the same line but I'd use a far smaller 4-bet sizing.

The main goal is to just knock out the EP raiser and get it HU with the shorty so I think 4-betting to just the minimum amount is absolutely sufficient. The shorty does not get any good implied odds with this size and his stack anyway and you can still re-evaluate the situation after the opener has acted.

After the opener flats your 4-bet he might have AA/KK some amount of the time but he may also play worse pairs or AK like that so I would not worry too much about getting it in with QQ here for 100bbs and the overlay from the shorty.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 11:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Felix, makes sense to make a smaller 4-bet to isolate shortstack.

Villain 1: KK
Villain 3: JJ

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com