Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

close my dream in this hand

Old
Exclamation
close my dream in this hand - Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
hello
please talk about this hand
befor this hand my rank 46 and then i stand up in rank over 2000

please talk about strategy QQ

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...852_3620E596FF

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Last edited by ussef61; Wed Nov 21, 2012 at 02:22 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Looks pretty standard. Pre-flop your opponents should expect to be up against a under pair or a dominated ace. A flip at worse and way ahead at best. You have to consider the probability of AA and KK.

On the flop he c-bets and you shove. They're getting ~4:1 with a flush draw and 2 over cards. Automatic call since you are not likely to have the nut flush draw and a set is a fairly remote possibility due to your range.

Fairly routine hand, imo.

Good decisions.

Old
Wed Nov 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
(#4)
Hey ussef61

Tough spot... there is no standard way to play this hand imo. The way we play it depends on the table dynamics and the reads we have on our opponent.

Being 34 bb's deep, in a vacuum I would tend to side with playing the hand aggressively and rather than flat call villains 5bet I'm going to shove all in. This is because villain could have jacks or tens and if we see an A or a K on the flop, his c-bet will force us to fold, so for that reason alone as-well as many other problems we will encounter if we call his 5bet ' a bloated pot' is another one of them, I'm going to shove it preflop.

Versus aggressive players I think your line is ok with the exception of calling the 5bet, against tight players then I'm not going to get QQ in here for 34bb's.

Did you have any reads on villain or hud numbers?

If the villain is on the tag side I think that just calling his raise preflop is a good line to take, we have a lot of players behind us with 20 bb stacks that could potentially squeeze shove on us which is a bonus and could also give us more information on villains hand if he indeed decides to call or shove over the top of a squeeze. If he does call or shove over the top of a squeeze then folding will be easier.for us.

Another + side to just calling villains raise rather than 3 betting it would be for deception. It will be very hard for him or anyone else at the table to put us on QQ.

With all that being said I think that you played the hand fine 'with the exception of flat calling villains 5bet', and with 60k in the pot and just 80k in our stack were going to have to go with this hand on the flop and hope he has what he has or a smaller pair.

I feel as if flat calling his 5bet is a big mistake with QQ, the flop will come down A K x too many times which will scare us off of the potential best hand so I'm definitely in favour of shoving it vs the 5bet rather than calling.

So if we have made the decision that were going to go with our queens then I much prefer to get it in preflop rather than call a 5bet.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 02:47 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
thank you Chris and TrumpinJoe for replay and help me

please talk more about c-bet and At that time I was sure I knew AK and flush it out, but I did not think he would risk please see this hand

you thrink with QQ i must call AK raise and in turn fold or allin in after flop ?

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Last edited by ussef61; Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 02:52 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com