Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Nov 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
BronzeStar
Hi there,

I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and completed the Poker Basics. Did play in a PokerSchool tourney. Did not receive any deposit as yet. What do I need to do next?

Can anyone help?

Last edited by aMazing33; Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
PSO Skill League - Sun Nov 25, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar

Did I play this correctly or should I have bet after the turn instead of checking? Was hoping to he would call bet after river. Should I have checked there hoping she would bet?

Tx

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 06:19 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33!

Please play the play money cash tables, per the request, and post a hand that you had problems with there. This is a requirement for this promotion (although we'll still help out with the league game hands too). The reasoning is that league games have to be played totally differently than a cash table and this promotion is for members to learn about the cash tables.

Early in a league game, 77 is a marginal made hand. In the league games, any marginal hand should always be avoided early. Early exits will result in getting negative league points and the goal in these tourneys is to gain as many points toward the month end standings as possible. Since this is a marginal hand AND I'm out of position, this is an easy muck early in the tourney, as I never want to take chances.

Being in the hand and seeing a set on the flop, since there is a possible flush and straight draw (or combo draw), I need to bet the flop. My standard bet for one opp without a combo draw is 1/2 the size of the pot, but with a combo draw available, I need to make a larger bet and will bet 3/4 pot.
The turn gives me quads and I'm going to check the turn and hope that the opp hits a part of the river and leads into me.
On the river, I want to bet whatever amount I think that the opp will call.

With this being late in the month and having QQ, I see a 4x raise and a call of the raise in front of me. I now need to see where I'm at in the league standings... as I need to see if I'm in positive points yet (early in the month I probably am here, late, I'm probably not).
If I'm still in negative points, with an abnormally large raise and a flat of it, I'm mucking QQ here unless the opps are total maniacs.

If the opps are total maniacs or I'm in positive league points, then I want to raise. My standard raise is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise. In a cash tourney, I'd opt for the larger of the two, but since this is a league game, I'll opt for 3X and raise to 3600.
The one thing that I do not want to do in a tourney is to flat a bet with a monster hand to be in a multi-way pot. It gives the opps the right odds to be in the hand to outdraw me, which is something that I do not want to do.
The flop brings 3 under cards but a possible flush or straight draw and the opp leads for 1500. If I call the 1500, then the pot odds are 20%, which does price out the flush.... IF they also don't have overcards that can hit. If they have an A or K along with the flush, then by calling here I would give them the correct odds to draw. Due to this, I need to raise and with only just over a pot-sized bet behind, I'm shoving the flop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hi there,

Thanx for the feed back on hands.

Attended the Getting Started, and Cash Basics training this evening. Connection was very bad and kept buffering then giving ConnectionErr. Also joined the Daily Game.

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:23 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33!

Please only do what you are instructed to in this thread. Doing other things is not going to help you with this promotion.

Please play the play money full ring tables and post a hand using the hand replayer that you had trouble with. This is a mandatory item before moving to the next step in thie promotion.

Also, if you did not attend the whole training session for 'Getting Started', please do so, as this is a requirement.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 01:40 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
PokerStars Hand #90154903146: Hold'em No Limit (1/2) - 2012/12/02 20:19:11 CUST [2012/12/02 13:19:11 ET]
Table 'Alpheratz VIII' 9-max (Play Money) Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Egoriko (160 in chips)
Seat 2: Tbauer553 (120 in chips)
Seat 3: Rapi_59 (200 in chips)
Seat 4: aMazing33 (94 in chips)
Seat 5: thechief179 (953 in chips)
Seat 6: VegiPok (721 in chips)
Seat 7: crepaldi5 (1064 in chips)
Seat 8: pockerpocke0 (888 in chips)
Seat 9: cnm333 (389 in chips)
thechief179: posts small blind 1
VegiPok: posts big blind 2
Egoriko: posts big blind 2
Tbauer553: posts small & big blinds 3
Rapi_59: posts big blind 2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to aMazing33 [Ah Kc]
crepaldi5: calls 2
pockerpocke0: calls 2
cnm333: raises 2 to 4
Egoriko: calls 2
Tbauer553: calls 2
Rapi_59: folds
aMazing33: raises 10 to 14
thechief179: folds
VegiPok: folds
crepaldi5: calls 12
pockerpocke0: calls 12
cnm333: calls 10
Egoriko: calls 10
Tbauer553: calls 10
*** FLOP *** [Td 8d 5h]
crepaldi5: checks
pockerpocke0: checks
cnm333: bets 34
Egoriko: folds
Tbauer553: folds
aMazing33: folds
crepaldi5: calls 34
pockerpocke0: calls 34
*** TURN *** [Td 8d 5h] [8h]
cnm333: bets 110
crepaldi5: calls 110
pockerpocke0: calls 110
*** RIVER *** [Td 8d 5h 8h] [Tc]
cnm333: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
crepaldi5: shows [4d Ad] (two pair, Tens and Eights)
pockerpocke0: mucks hand
cnm333: mucks hand
crepaldi5 collected 499 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 522 | Rake 23
Board [Td 8d 5h 8h Tc]
Seat 1: Egoriko folded on the Flop
Seat 2: Tbauer553 folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Rapi_59 folded before Flop
Seat 4: aMazing33 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: thechief179 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: VegiPok (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: crepaldi5 showed [4d Ad] and won (499) with two pair, Tens and Eights
Seat 8: pockerpocke0 mucked [9d 2d]
Seat 9: cnm333 mucked [Qd 5d]

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33!

If that happens again in the live training, please clear out your internet cache (temp files) or try using a different browser. When that does happen to me, most of the time, clearing the cache will fix it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi aMazing33

We definately want to see the flop here with AK and position. Reraing for value as you did is good.

The recommended reraise size is 3x the original bet size plus 1x for each caller. Raising to 14 as you did is a bit small though. Making it at least 22 cents would be the standard size. However, you are pretty short stacked in this hand. You don't want to raise 25% of your stack then fold. So, I would probably have just moved all in preflop. This guarantees that you get to see all five cards. You will normally have the best hand or be a cointoss vs a pocket pair.

As played, folding was your best choice on the flop since it didn't help your hand at all. Good fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Hi there
Just attended the "Getting Started with Pokerstars" with HoRor. Whats next other than practice on play tables?

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:37 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 01:24 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Poker Basics done and passed,

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 01:08 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aMazing33!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com