Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Nov 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi, I should qualify for the Bankroll Builder promotion - what do I do next?

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 09:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probiboy18 View Post
Hi, I should qualify for the Bankroll Builder promotion - what do I do next?
Hi Probiboy18,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Q10 - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 08:57 AM
(#4)
Thanks JWK24,

I've attended training and played some play money games? What next?

i won the pot but i wasnt so sure about my play, i call the blinds because i have a pot odds then the flop came and i check nobody bets, then the turn shows a 10 which makes me have a top pair, one player bets then i call for pot control, then the 8 came and no body bets and i also did not bet, i won the pot.. but i wasnt sure about my play. what advice can you help me?

Last edited by Probiboy18; Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM..

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
(#5)
i have already attended one of the Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions,

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

With QTs and two limpers in front of me, I'm going to limp behind and see if I can win a large pot with a flush or straight.

I see a rainbow flop with three undercards. When the opps check to me, since I'm most likely not ahead in the hand, I'm going to check and hope to see a free turn card.

The turn gives me top pair/good kicker and the player on my right makes a bet just under twice the pot size. Here is where a read on the opp would come into play for me. If the opp is only going to bet if they have a hand, then I may be outkicked. If this is the case, then I'm going to fold to their large bet. If the opp is known to bluff, then I'm going to call their bet and see the river, in position against this opp. Three opps call behind me, which could be a big problem, as one of them most likely will have one of the other two 10's.

The river is an 8, that shouldn't have helped the opps, unless they wanted to draw to a gutshot straight or have 88. When it's checked to me, I'm going to check behind for pot control and hope that the button checks too. My hand does have showdown value, but can easily be beat.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:07 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
(#8)
hi..

i already have passed the quiz..

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 12:45 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#10)
hi

thank you,i have already recieved the buy in.. i'll tell you when i have attended the bet sizing training..

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
(#11)
here's where i lost my buy in

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probiboy18 View Post
here's where i lost my buy in

Hi Probiboy18

Calling preflop with QJo is perfect. As with your previous hand, with connected cards our plan should be to see the flop cheaply and hope to flop a strong draw for a straight or flush (if we have suited cards). Flopping top pair often creates difficult spots simply because we don't know if we are going to be out kicked. Therefore we need to be careful not to overplay top pair hands as in this case.

Your flop re-raise looks good and the bet size is good too. Getting called by two opps is not a great result though. The turn card shouldn't have helped anyone. So, betting again is fine. However, you bet 24 cents into a pot of 34. This is a bit much. 15 cents, half the pot, would have been better. Anyone going to fold would still fold, and the smaller bet would help keep the pot size under control. A smaller bet may have also kept villain 3 from moving allin with his remaining chips.

The river is a tough spot. However, without a good read, I don't call bets putting me all in with just a pair. Also, be aware that villains who play passively just calling every street, then make wake up on the turn or river with a large bet usually have a strong hand. Without a read I would recommend just folding to the big river bet.

Gl and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:09 AM
(#13)
hi thanks for the advice.. i have lost the first installment of the bankroll.. can i gain another?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

We cannot move to the next step until you attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#15)
hi

i have already attended the bet sizing live training on Thursday 29 NOV 2012
21:50 - 22:10 (ET) what next?

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:02 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:30 AM
(#17)
hi

i already have studied tha cash game course and passed the quiz whats next?

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Probiboy18!

Please let me know when you have attended the Cash Basics live training session, per my last post. That must be done before the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 12:29 PM
(#19)
ok ill tell you when i have attended the cash game basic live training

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
(#20)
hi

i have already attended the cash basic live training at
Cash Basics
14:40 - 15:00 (ET).. whats next?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com