Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Can Americans not play in PSO Tournaments?

Old
Can Americans not play in PSO Tournaments? - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 12:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
I just joined up with PokerStars and got Poker School. I wanted to do a PokerSchool Open Skill league tournament and it keeps saying my area doesn't allow the tournament. Wasn't sure if there was something I needed to do to register or if these tournaments qualified as the same illegality as pay in tourneys.

Old
Welcome - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 02:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi nbstz7. Welcome to the forum. There is an overview of all the features of the PSO site to help you get oriented.

Currently anybody that is in the US cannot play for real money or prizes on PokerStars. Hopefully this will change, and sooner rather than later. You can play the play money games however. Meanwhile you are welcome to use all the resources At PSO to improve your game until the restriction is lifted.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 04:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbstz7 View Post
I just joined up with PokerStars and got Poker School. I wanted to do a PokerSchool Open Skill league tournament and it keeps saying my area doesn't allow the tournament. Wasn't sure if there was something I needed to do to register or if these tournaments qualified as the same illegality as pay in tourneys.
Hi nbstz7,

Along with Doug I'd also like to welcome you to the Forum here.

Because US members can't play real money games we've set up a few events that might interest you. Each day you can join in and play in 'The Daily Game' and every Sunday you are welcome to join us in the 'PowerPlay' tournaments.

Also we have removed any VPP restrictions from all video content here for US based players so you can watch all of the videos that would otherwise be 150+ and 20+ vpp restricted.

Check out those links and again it's nice to see you here.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com