Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

MM75 77 vs AT

Old
MM75 77 vs AT - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
77 vs AT 19DaViDoFF79

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...065_9E11C8536D

and close my dream in rank 103 and won $37 Micro Millions 75

19DaViDoFF79 lucky man in revier

you can see my all hand Great moments in MM 75 in my blog http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2D4nsEd23

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
(#2)
Hey ussef61

With 77 and 26bb's button versus big blind, were gonna get this in and hope for the best in most scenarios.

I don't like your raise sizing preflop I think it's way too much and we are only going to get action from over-pairs and hands that we are flipping against. With 77 I would rather raise a normal size to say - 2.5x the big blind so that we get action from not just his good hands but also hands that 77 plays well against.

So we make it 4x the bb to go and he put us all in! Ouch! Did you have any reads on this guy? I think our call is marginal. I think that 77 doesn't do well against his range. Villain must assume that you have a strong hand / a hand your willing to go with because of your raise sizing, so for him to shove you all in here he has to have something decent and this will never be a bluff.

With that being said villain can show up with what he has, and occasionally he may turn up with an under-pair.
The idea of raising to 4x and then folding isn't in my favour either so I'm going to lean towards a call.

The standard way that his hand could of been played would be to raise to say 22k, villain 3bets us to say 52k and we shove all in with a lot of fold equity which puts a lot of pressure on our opponent and makes it a very difficult decision for him.

Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 06:33 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Chris, what if Villian shoves all in to our 22k bet?

I agree with your analysis btw.

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 07:53 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Chris, what if Villian shoves all in to our 22k bet?

I agree with your analysis btw.
As it's a 6max MTT I would call vs the majority of player types as everybody's range is going to be significantly wider than it would be at a full ring MTT table.

At a full ring MTT table I'm going to call about 50% and fold about 50% depending on player types.

Most of the time we will not be shoved all in, I think that 80% of the time we are likely to get 3bet rather than shoved on, 26 bb's is a rather large stack to ship against lightly.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com