Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 03:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
WhiteStar
Joined Pokerschool a week ago, passed the Poker Basics already.
Never made a deposit

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrates31 View Post
Joined Pokerschool a week ago, passed the Poker Basics already.
Never made a deposit
Hi JPrates31,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 08:20 PM
(#3)
WhiteStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Getting Started - Fri Nov 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Well, I did attend a Getting Started Live Training on Tuesday with Chris "ChewMe1", but since there were some technical problems, I'll tell you when I have attended the Getting Started Training

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:32 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Well, I did attend a Getting Started Live Training on Tuesday with Chris "ChewMe1", but since there were some technical problems, I'll tell you when I have attended the Getting Started Training
Hi JPrates31,

Yes, that would be great thanks, please let me know when you have attended.

Also the hand you posted was 3-handed. If you could play some full play money tables, 9-handed, and post a hand from one of them it would be great, cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#6)
WhiteStar

Was this slow play in order? I was being eaten alive by the blinds, so i guessed i had to collect as many chips as possible

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Was this slow play in order? I was being eaten alive by the blinds, so i guessed i had to collect as many chips as possible
Thanks for posting.

I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review this for you and he should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
(#8)
WhiteStar
Thank you
I'l try to attend tomorrow's Getting Started

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#9)
WhiteStar
By the way, do you also want me to see the Bet Sizing and cash basics?

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
By the way, do you also want me to see the Bet Sizing and cash basics?
No, not yet, only when asked to do so please, we don't want you missing out on any bonuses.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JPrates31!

Tourney hands and cash hands need to be played a totally different way (especially if it's in a league game). I'm guessing this is a tourney hand, as you mentioned the blinds eating at your stack.

Here's what I'd do in each situation.

If this is a cash game OR a cash tourney, with AA, I want to raise, as my hand plays much better against less opponents. The previous raise was to 600 and my raise would need to be to between 3X this amount (1800) and a pot-sized raise (2200). Since both of these values are well over 1/3 my stack, I'm pot committed! Due to this, I'm instantly shoving my 3605 chips here and making any opp that wants to call me pay the maximum before they can see any cards on the board that could beat me.

If this is a league game, then I'm probably not into positive points, especially at the end part of the month. Due to this, I need to play the hand much, much more cautious. In this situaiton, I'm going to raise to 3X the opp's bet (1800) and hope to see the flop with chips behind. If one or two opps shove over me, I'm calling. If more than 2 do, it will depend on how close I am to a league pay-level as to whether I will call or muck. If I would lose a sizable amount of $$ by playing and losing the hand in the monthly standings, then I'm mucking here. If not, then I'd call regardless of the number that raise me all-in.

The flop gives me top set and when the opp makes a very small bet in relation to the pot, I need to raise to price out any straight draws and would normally raise to 1/2 pot.. however, since this is almost all my chips, I'll shove the flop.

The one thing that I do not want to do in ANY situation here is to slowplay AA. All slowplaying will accomplish here is to give the opps the correct odds to draw to beat me, which is something that I never want to do with a premium hand.
If I don't bet enough to give the opps the wrong odds to stay and they do outdraw me... then it's my own fault that my hand gets beat.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Thank you so much John I'll avoid that error in the future

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 09:18 AM
(#13)
WhiteStar
Just watched half the Getting Started live training, it was about saving hand history. I use it quite a lot, so it was just a little bit boring.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:39 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Just watched half the Getting Started live training, it was about saving hand history. I use it quite a lot, so it was just a little bit boring.
Hi JPrates31,

Really sorry for boring you but it's important to attend all these sessions.

Did you have any questions you could have asked the trainer? That's what he's there for, use the time there wisely, it's the best way to learn.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please let us know.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 06:13 AM
(#15)
WhiteStar
I have already passed the basic assessment.
And I asked one or two questions on the training session, if I had to be there I might as well take advantage of it. But normally I attend the MTT training sessions.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:46 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have already passed the basic assessment.
And I asked one or two questions on the training session, if I had to be there I might as well take advantage of it. But normally I attend the MTT training sessions.
Congrats on passing the Poker Basics quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables(9-Man 2NL)only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems with, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. Let me know as soon as you have attended the session.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:03 AM
(#17)
WhiteStar
I received the cash, I'm going to start playing... 0,01/0,02 NL 9 man table only

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:58 AM
(#18)
WhiteStar

I should have understood he had kings, but i was a bit distracted. Lost 80 cents, fortunately I almost have them back already

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 10:18 AM
(#19)
WhiteStar
After an entire afternoon of playing at the tables I'm down to 68 cents, which doesn't allow me to sit at the tables since the minimum buy-in is 80 :/

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:25 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I should have understood he had kings, but i was a bit distracted. Lost 80 cents, fortunately I almost have them back already
Hi JPrates31,

Interesting hand! The main thing we ought to look at is your bet-sizing.

Calling preflop with KQ is fine since you have position on the raiser. His flop bet is hard to read. It could be a c-bet with a missed hand or a made hand. Since the flop seems OK for us, no obvious draws, I would probably have just called.

Reraising is ok though. However, you should have reraised more. The standard raise size is 3x the original raise. Min-raising is usually just creating problems for yourself. It gives you less value for your strong hands. It also gives the villain with a worse hand a chance to outdraw you.

A good read on the villain would be a big help when he calls. Does he do this with air, or only with strong hands? When your turn bet gets reraised, without a read, I am giving the villain credit for a strong hand. Sets and AK all seem possible. I would probably have folded at this point, but I play pretty carefully. If you thought you were ahead, then I would have just moved all in since you don't have much left in your stack.

Tough hand. In general, I try not to get all in with top pair top kicker hands. I like to be patient and wait for stronger made hands such as sets or better.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com