Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 24, 2012, 03:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hello I was wondering if I qualify for the Bankroll Builder promo? I never deposited, but I have earned $2 from a freeroll.

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectBauss View Post
Hello I was wondering if I qualify for the Bankroll Builder promo? I never deposited, but I have earned $2 from a freeroll.
Hi PerfectBauss,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:03 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi PerfectBauss,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
PSO Freeroll Hand - Sun Nov 25, 2012, 03:29 AM
(#4)
I've attended one of the Getting Started live training sessions.

Also, here is one of my hands from a PSO freeroll. Do you think I shoved too early in the tournament? It was down to about 300 players, and I felt that I needed to make a move soon or the blinds were going to eat away at my stack, and I was surrounded by large chip stacks.

Last edited by PerfectBauss; Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 03:35 AM..

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've attended one of the Getting Started live training sessions.
Also, here is one of my hands from a PSO freeroll. Do you think I shoved too early in the tournament? It was down to about 300 players, and I felt that I needed to make a move soon or the blinds were going to eat away at my stack, and I was surrounded by large chip stacks.
Hi PerfectBauss,

Thanks for posting and I can confirm that you did indeed attend this mornings 'Getting Started' session with Andy.

I'll need you to post a different hand for review though. The Bankroll Builder promotion is a cash game promotion only. Tournament hands will not count towards any bonuses for this promotion.

Please play some Play Money Full Ring (9-handed) tables and post a hand here for review that you found difficult and had trouble with. Here's a video on where to find the play money tables.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
(#6)

Anyway to get away from the raise on the river or to play this hand better?

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Anyway to get away from the raise on the river or to play this hand better?
Hi PerfectBauss

I think you had several chances to do things better in this hand.
Firstly, K10o is too weak to play from early position. I recommend folding K10 in early position preflop everytime.

As played, you flopped top pair with a decent kicker. Raising is fine, however with 62 cents in the pot, raising 6 hurts you more than it helps. Anyone chasing a draw is getting great odds to continue with the hand. The standard opening raise size is about 50% of the pot. or 31 cents. Had you raised this much, the Q8 guy might have folded.

Mini-reraises on the turn or river are usually the sign of a strong hand. Be careful! The board had straight possibities as well as two pair combos that seemed likely. Plus, we no longer had top pair. I would have folded to the river reraise.

This was a tough spot, but plenty to learn from this hand. The most important point being that from early position you want a stronger hand. I open with AQ+ and pairs 88+.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
(#8)
Thanks for the feedback! Whats next? I already completed the poker basics quiz.

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:23 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! Whats next? I already completed the poker basics quiz.
Hi ,

Perfect, if you've already passed the Basic quiz then there's just one more thing to do before getting your first buy-in.

You will need to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session so I can award you your first buy-in and get you started on the real money tables.

If you've already attended this session then unfortunately you will need to attend it again.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#10)
I just attended today's Bet Sizing live training lesson.

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I just attended today's Bet Sizing live training lesson.
Hi PerfectBauss,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 07:17 PM
(#12)
Thanks I got the $2, but I lost it after some tough hands.

My read was right, I just got unlucky on the river. Maybe I should have folded preflop.

and this one. I probably could've got away on the turn, but I thought I might still be ahead.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi PerfectBauss

First hand A7s: I actually recommend folding this hand preflop. I know it sounds super tight, but here is why. Firstly with A7 you have a bad kicker. It is not high enough to beat another Ax, and it is not connected to your A so that it gives you straight possibilities. Secondly, you are in the small blind which is the worst position to be in post flop since you are always first to act. Had you been on the btn, calling might be ok. Also, remember that we are hoping to flop a flush or straight draw with Axs, not top pair, middle pair type of hands.

As played, you didn't say what your read was, but you apparently did a good job putting him on a range of hands that didn't include an A. Nice job! Without a very good read I would not have called the all in bet. Too often we have the second best hand. As it was, you were ahead and just got unlucky on the river. It happens, so don't stress the parts of the game that you can't control.

Second hand K10: This was a tough spot mainly because you are both short stacked. Raising preflop is ok if you think the limper will often fold. If you expect a call, then I would have just folded.

As played you flopped top pair. There is 15 cents in the pot hand you only have 31 cents behind. I would have just shoved it all in and hoped your hand holds. We can't call bets when we are so short. We need to be desisive one way or the other.

All in all, it looks like you are progressing in the right direction. Your comments show that you are recognizing good lines. Now you just need to get more experience at choosing the best option. Keep up the good work

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#14)
Thanks for the feedback. So can I get another chance with a next buy-in?

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. So can I get another chance with a next buy-in?
Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com