Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:16 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Hey everyone at PSO! I wanted to know if I am eligible for the bankroll builder promotion, you are all doing a great work.

Last edited by TheD1ctator; Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 02:47 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD1ctator View Post
Hey everyone at PSO! I wanted to know i I am eligible for the bankroll builder promotion, you are all doing a great work.
Hi TheD1ctator,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey everyone at PSO! I wanted to know i I am eligible for the bankroll builder promotion, you are all doing a great work.
Hi TheD1ctator,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
(#4)
Thank you paul for your help, I am going to attend at the live training soon, I will keep you update, thanks again.

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:31 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you paul for your help, I am going to attend at the live training soon, I will keep you update, thanks again.
Brilliant, yes thank you.

Let me know as soon as you have attended one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Brilliant, yes thank you.

Let me know as soon as you have attended one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser
I have just participated in the 14:00 14:20 getting started live training, what is the next step now?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:57 PM
(#7)
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...517_B5654B8153
Is it correct to not go all in pre flop? I had a very small stack which affected somehow my decision, if I had a bigger stack I could shove or 4-5 bet more easily.

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have just participated in the 14:00 14:20 getting started live training, what is the next step now?
Hi ,

Thank you and I can confirm you did indeed attend tonight's session with André.

Please use the hand replayer to post any hands for review.

Practice on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

When you have posted a hand using the hand replayer we will review it for you and continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#9)
Too loose? Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
(#10)
And what is the next step now?

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Too loose?
Thank you for posting this hand for review. I will ask one of the hand analysers to take a look at this for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TheD1ctator!

With AQ and a min-raise from UTG, I'm either going to make a standard 3-bet or fold here preflop and the decision there will be based on the way the opps are playing. If I think that the ones behind will fold, then I'll make a std raise to 3x the opp's prior bet (12). If I think that a number of opps will call a raise, then I'm going to muck because I'll have to play the pot out of position.
The button calls 6 and then UTG makes a huge 4-bet to 100. I'm going to muck to this large overbet 4-bet. I'm most likely behind one, if not both of the opps left in the pot, so since I'm out of position and don't want to be playing for my stack preflop, I'm mucking. AK is definitely a possiblility and so are any pairs and I'm behind that entire range with AQ.

One thing that we do not want to be while playing poker is to be results oriented. I want to make the best decision at a given point in time, then whatever happens after I make that decision, happens.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#13)
Thanks for the hand analysis John, I also agree that folding to the huge 4 bet would be the optimal play, so what happens now?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#14)
Also I think I made a mistake by not going all in preflop in this hand, do you agree?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:12 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Also I think I made a mistake by not going all in preflop in this hand, do you agree?
Thank you for posting this hand for review. I will ask one of the hand analysers to take a look at this for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:52 PM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TheD1ctator!

I have QQ and see an abnormally high open-raise (to 17BB) that is called by 3 opps. I'm going to 3-bet here and size my raise at a pot-sized raise (139).

The flop is 5-handed and both an A and a K hit the board. This board is bigtime trouble, as I'm most likely behind, as with this many in the pot, someone should have an A or K. Due to this, I'm goign to muck to any bet on the flop.

I would not have shoved preflop, by making standard bets, instead of larger than normal raises, I can save chips when I do get outflopped and also get value from my hand when I do get a good flop for me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 06:35 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi TheD1ctator,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please let us know and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
(#18)
Thank you John for the help with the hand, as for the basic quiz Paul I have already passed it, so please ship the first buy in

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you John for the help with the hand, as for the basic quiz Paul I have already passed it, so please ship the first buy in
Hi TheD1ctator,

Congrats on passing the course.

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
(#20)
Well I think 24 hours have passed and I still havent recieved my first buy in, paul can you help?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com