Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder ----

Old
Bankroll Builder ---- - Sat Nov 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello PokerSchoolOnline,

I would like to participate in this promotion. I have not made any deposit in my PokerStars account, however I have completed a few of the quizzes that are part of the 8$ bankroll giveaway (Poker Basics, for example).

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsNo1_99 View Post
Hello PokerSchoolOnline,

I would like to participate in this promotion. I have not made any deposit in my PokerStars account, however I have completed a few of the quizzes that are part of the 8$ bankroll giveaway (Poker Basics, for example).
Hi StarsNo1_99,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
(#3)
I see view page . i hope receive reply from you soon
thanks you

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello PokerSchoolOnline,
Hi StarsNo1_99,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
(#5)
hi
I'm ready and my hands

Last edited by StarsNo1_99; Sat Nov 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM..

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
I'm ready and my hands
Thanks for posting, we'll reveiw this hand for you within the next 24 hours.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
(#7)
hi
thanks you for reply
I haved pass live traning geeting stard . what's next

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 02:15 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
thanks you for reply
On what date did you attend this Live Training class?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#9)
hi
maybe 16 or 17/11/2012 .

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi StarsNo1_99!

The first thing that I'd recommend is that you don't get involved at a table until it's your BB. By jumping in earlier and paying the extra BB, these will add up over time and be a large drain to your bankroll.

With KQ from the cutoff, I'm going to make a standard raise in most cases (depends on reads of the opps). My standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 10.

I see the flop 5-handed and hit top pair, but there is also a flush draw and possible straight draws. When the opps check to me, this is where I would like to have thinned the field with my raise. This is due to the fact that I cannot price out all of the opps from their draws, as there are too many of them. Due to this, I'm going to make one pot-sized value bet here and re-evaluate on the turn. This way, I can give the most opps that I can, the wrong odds to draw to beat me. Also, I'll find out if I may be behind someone with AQ (they'd call for sure).

I see the turn three handed and it should have been a card that missed everyone. When the first opp checks, I'm going to make a 2/3 pot bet here. This will make sure that anyone drawing to a straight or flush has the wrong odds to stay.
My plan for the rest of the hand is that if someone calls and the river does not help my hand, then I will check (or possibly make a small value/blocking bet if the opp that stays is aggressive). This way, I can get to showdown, since my hand does have showdown value.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:23 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
thanks you for reply
We'll need you to attend this class again, this is why it's important not to do anything until asked to, we don't want you to miss out on any bonuses.

You will need to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session so I can move you forward in the promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
(#12)
hi
thanks you . I understand
I hope receive 8$ bonus , what's next .

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
thanks you . I understand
I hope receive 8$ bonus , what's next .
Next will need to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session so I can move you forward in the promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#14)
hi
thanks you for reply

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
thanks you for reply
Hi ,

No, I don't think you understand what I am trying to say.

'Getting Started' is not a quiz that you can pass.

It is a Live Training session that takes place here at the school each day. I need you to attend the 'Getting Started' live training session.

You will need to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 02:07 PM
(#16)
hi
yes , your meant I'm wait 23 HOURS to play 'Getting Started or I can play and post reply hand in topic .

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
yes , your meant I'm wait 23 HOURS to play 'Getting Started or I can play and post reply hand in topic .
The ONLY THING you will need to do for now is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
(#18)
hi
my hands

hope receive you reply

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:23 AM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
hi
my hands

hope receive you reply
Hi StarsNo1_99

There are a few points to note here. Firstly, it looks like you just joined the table and paid the bb out of turn. This is a bad idea because you will lose money on it in the long run. Instead, click the "Wait for Big Blind" button and use the time to watch how the other players play.

KJo is too weak to raise with from early position. There are too many hands that can dominate you, and if you get reraised you should fold every time. KJ is fine to open with from late position, but you should still fold to a reraise. If someone has raised before the action gets to you, then just fold KJo regardless of your position.

From early postion I open with AQ+ and pairs 88+.

Things worked out well for you in this hand though, nice pot!

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
The ONLY THING you will need to do for now is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Hi
I have attend Getting started live training .
what's next

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com