Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello! I have been a member of PSO for a short while, have never made a deposit and already completed the poker basics course. Do I qualify for this promotion?

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 04:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yay View Post
Hello! I have been a member of PSO for a short while, have never made a deposit and already completed the poker basics course. Do I qualify for this promotion?
Hi 7yay,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 7yay,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Live Training - Sun Nov 25, 2012, 03:19 AM
(#4)
I have just completed the live training with ahar010!

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:23 AM
(#5)

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 04:44 AM
(#6)

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 12:52 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi 7yay
In this hand I strongly recommend folding to the preflop raise. QJs just isn't strong enough to go with. Suited connectors are great to play against multiple opponents when we can see a flop cheaply. This is because we sometimes flop very strong hands with a flush or straight. We only want to play them though when we can see the flop cheaply. You won't win often enough to make paying large preflop bets profitable.

Furthermore, be careful about flopping a pair with suited connectors. You will often be facing a pair with a better kicker, or an overpair. Again, with suited connectors, we are looking for straight or flush draws, not pairs.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 01:03 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Hi 7yay,

You were a bit unlucky in this hand. However, let's take a closer look. You were smart to check the hand down to the river since 107s is pretty weak. You made your straight on the river, but any time we have a straight (or a flush) we need to look at the board and see if someone can have a better straight than us. In this case, it was possible for someone to hold Q10 and that would have fit the action thus far in the hand. The same is true when we have a flush but aren't holding the A.

When we recognize this danger then we can adjust our line. Rather than reraising, we can just call. This will save us some money in the cases where we are beat. It is hard not to lose money in these spots, but we can try to minimize the damage.

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
(#9)
So now that I have completed these two steps, what is the next one?

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 7yay!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#11)
Hey John! I have already completed the Poker Basics course and quiz!

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 06:02 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 7yay!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#13)
Awesome!!
Thanks a bunch for all the help and speedy replies!!

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:38 AM
(#14)
Hey John!
I have received the $2 Bonus (and didn't do well with it ) and I am enrolled in the bet sizing live training on the 27th.
I'm going to post a couple of hands that I wasn't too happy with.
Thank You

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:44 AM
(#15)

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:50 AM
(#16)

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Hi 7yay

I think I would have just folded J10s preflop in this hand for several reasons. Firstly, you are in early position which isnt too good since there are so many people left to act. If, when, you get reraised, you should just let the hand go. Suited connectors are great when three conditions are in place:
1. you are in good position (on the co or button)
2. two or more players are already in the pot
3. you and the opps have deep enough stacks to make it worth the risk (100 bb or more)

As played, when the river filled both flush and potenially straight draws, you need to be concerned about raises. They are usually for value and your two pair will more times than not be the second best hand. Folding to the river raise seems nitty, but it will save you money in the long run. Tough spot though!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Hi again 7yay!

This was a tough spot, especially since you were pretty short stacked. Just checking preflop was smart. You flopped top pair so firing out a bet looked good. Once your bet gets called you need to be careful on the turn. The Q is definately a card the villain could have. He could also have a 10 with a better kicker. Or, he could have just gotten a flush. Unfortunately, I would check fold the rest of the hand.

As played, I would recommend betting less on the turn, if the opp is going to fold, he would do it with a smaller bet perhaps 50% of the pot. It would have saved you a small amount.

In general when you get short stacked, you want to fold any marginal hands, but play a solid hand like AQ+ or a pair aggressively and desisively. Looking for an all in reraise spot preflop for example if the button raises and you are in the blinds, can work well.

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#19)
Thanks for the advice! Those face card suited connectors always get me... but I think I've learned my lesson and will start folding them preflop unless those conditions are met...
Again thanks for your time!

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#20)
Hey John!

I have now played some real money hands, posted a couple,and attended the Bet Sizing live training. What's the next step?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com