Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Nov 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
hi, i have account for long time. didn't ever made deposit but had real money and play with it. do i qualify for this bonus? and what do i have to do?

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfrikanaC View Post
hi, i have account for long time. didn't ever made deposit but had real money and play with it. do i qualify for this bonus? and what do i have to do?
Hi AfrikanaC,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 10:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AfrikanaC,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
i read everything in poker basics courses and completed the quiz. also i attendet the live training. for now, all hands are good but if i have any problems, i'll post here

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AfrikanaC!

It is a mandatory part of this promotion to play the play money tables and to post a hand that you had problems with using the hand replayer. This must be done before the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
first hand
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
so did i bet good? would u do it different?

secound hand
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
altrough i won, was that call good?

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:58 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi AfrikanaC

First hand A7s: I agree completely with your preflop and flop line. On the turn though, I would definately lead out with a bet. Firstly, there are plenty of draws showing. By by betting, we deny the opp a free card. Secondly, he already called your bet on the flop. So, bet again for value. You most likely have the best hand. By betting on the turn, he will call if he still hopes to catch a card on the river. Also, you are in position and last to act. The villain checked already. You have to do the betting if you want to build the pot. Always value bet your strong hands at the micro stakes!

On the river, he might have gotten a flush. I would have just checked the hand down, since the only hands calling or reraising you here are probably hands that have you beat. Nice hand

Second hand A9s: It is interesting to compare this hand with your first hand. In both spots you have Ax suited with a pretty weak kicker. Normally with these hands, we are looking for flush draws, not top pair. With top pair we are often out kicked and end up losing a bunch with second best hand.

In the first hand you got to see the flop cheaply AND flopped trips. With two As on the board, it is less likely that someone is holding the last A. So, your hand looked to be the best. In the second hand, you are facing an all in bet on the flop. In a real money game we will normally be losing money by calling. This is a good spot to fold since the risk far outweighs are chances of winning. Far too often the villain will have a set or an A with a better kicker. This is why we don't want to overplay aces with weak kickers.

In general, in spots without reads, I don't call all in raises unless I have trips or better. You did win a nice pot though

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AfrikanaC!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
the secound hand happens to me a lot of times, sometimes it has good ending sometimes don't. so i wanted to know what is best option

i have passed poker basics and cash game quiz allready

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AfrikanaC!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
i got my 2$, i'm going to play now. i will attend bet sizing in 2 hours when it begins. ty

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
ok i have about 7$ now. here are some hands i think i played good

i though it was c-bet so i re-raised him to see

i won this but i'm not sure was it a good call

and this one was a good bluff. he showed me TT and folded

Last edited by AfrikanaC; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:23 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 02:01 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi AfrikanaC

If you have already grown your two dollars into seven, you must be playing well. Nice start on truely building your bankroll!

First hand AKo:Preflop there were two limpers already in the pot. I would have raised more than you did. The standard is 3x plu 1x for each limper, making it 10 rather than 6. This helps limit the number of opponents seeing the flop and also gives you more value for your strong starting hand.

On the flop, I actually would have folded. The bet might well be a semibluff, but there is still one guy left to act after you who might reraise.

Your read on the turn looks reasonable. Many times when an opponent bet the same amount (usually fairly small) on the flop and again on the river, it is a sign of a weak hand. Reraising the turn was well done and a good bet size too. Nice hand.

Second hand AKo: Preflop is pretty interesting. Villain 3 mini 3-bet you which is often a sign of a very strong hand, and villain 4 called. You have position on them both and a premium starting hand. A read on the opponents would help here, but I would probably have considered 4 betting preflop. If one of the opponents came over the top with a 5 bet, I would fold AK. Calling as you did is fine though.

You played the flop well, betting for value. The Q on the turn isn't a great card for us since it creats quite a few draw possibilities that could fit the ranges of the opps. Again, a read would help us choose the best path on the turn. I would probably folded myself to his large bet. However, if I were to continue with the hand, I would have moved all in as you did. In general be careful when passive players wake up and make solid raises on the turn or river. It is often the sign of a strong hand. In this case, I hope you made a note on the villain that he overplayed AQ

final hand 44: Preflop is standard. Leading out with a c-bet on the flop is risky though. You are facing three opponents, all of whom presumably have higher cards than yours. The chances of getting three players to fold is pretty small. I would recommend just checking the flop without good reads on the other players. By leading out you are basically just bluffing.

As played, firing a second barrel on the turn looks strong. Often this will win the pot if they don't have a flush. You got called. Firing again on the river looks very strong since you have lead out on every street with solid raises. Good fold by the villain, and nice bluff by you!

In general, I would be very careful about pure bluffs at the 2NL level unless you have a very good read on the villain. Your average 2nl player tends to call more often then they fold. Furthermore, pure bluffs are not necessary to win at 2NL. There are times for running bluff, but don't do it too often.

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:54 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
ty gtx. 3rd hand was very risky, but i though he doesn't have anything so a good bet should force him to fold.

i didn't attent bet sizing last night i forgot. i will do it tonight

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com