Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bank Roll builder.

Old
Bank Roll builder. - Mon Nov 26, 2012, 06:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi, how to get started?
note, i have played real money on ps but i havent ever made a deposit. let me know if im still eligible?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadenagaria View Post
Hi, how to get started?
note, i have played real money on ps but i havent ever made a deposit. let me know if im still eligible?
Hi Jadenagaria,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jadenagaria,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
ya - Thu Nov 29, 2012, 04:02 AM
(#4)
the hand reply video wont seem to work. I know how to watch previous hands can you explain how to post them on here?

Also, because of timezone differences im having a lot of issues getting to the live sessions. So while Im trying to get to the live session is there anything else i can get started on?

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jadenagaria!

Is the hand that you are trying to get into the replayer in English? If so, please post the hand here and I'll try to see if I can get it to work.

Each part of this process needs to be done in a certain order. If it takes you a few days to get to the live training session, that's ok.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hand. - Sat Dec 01, 2012, 03:56 AM
(#6)
PokerStars Hand #90083203897: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2012/12/01 3:49:46 ET
Table 'Chicago IV' 9-max (Play Money) Seat #9 is the button
Seat 3: Rares704 (2490 in chips)
Seat 4: Nadik244 (790 in chips)
Seat 5: jbabolcai (490 in chips)
Seat 7: Jadenagaria (790 in chips)
Seat 8: mitko88799 (5719 in chips)
Seat 9: H-DRIDER380 (8307 in chips)
Rares704: posts small blind 5
Nadik244: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jadenagaria [9h Td]
jbabolcai: calls 10
Jadenagaria: calls 10
KamilSzeryf leaves the table
mitko88799: calls 10
Blossey 88 joins the table at seat #6
H-DRIDER380: calls 10
Rares704: calls 5
Nadik244: checks
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d 9d]
MOTTA1979 joins the table at seat #2
Rares704: checks
Nadik244: checks
jbabolcai: checks
Jadenagaria: checks
mitko88799: checks
H-DRIDER380: checks
*** TURN *** [3s 4d 9d] [9c]
Nadik244: bets 10
jbabolcai: folds
Jadenagaria: raises 25 to 35
mitko88799: calls 35
H-DRIDER380: folds
Rares704: calls 35
Nadik244: calls 25
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d 9d 9c] [6c]
Nadik244: bets 10
Jadenagaria: raises 190 to 200
mitko88799: folds
Rares704: folds
Nadik244: folds
Uncalled bet (190) returned to Jadenagaria
Jadenagaria collected 210 from pot
Jadenagaria: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 220 | Rake 10
Board [3s 4d 9d 9c 6c]
Seat 3: Rares704 (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 4: Nadik244 (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 5: jbabolcai folded on the Turn
Seat 7: Jadenagaria collected (210)
Seat 8: mitko88799 folded on the River
Seat 9: H-DRIDER380 (button) folded on the Turn

Im not sure if this is what you mean. but i had lots of problems with hands like these in general.

Its a 6way limp pot and i hit top pair with a rag ten kicker. There are all sorts of flush and straight draws out there. but i dont raise the flop because im afraid of being out kicked or simply someone having two pair since its a 6 way limp. i figure if i raise i dont really know where i stand on the turn because i dont know if the callers are on a draw or actually have a hand.

on the turn i raise it up.

on the river even though i think it completed a straight draw i made a big bet making it look like a bluff hoping to get paid off by a weaker hand.

analyse my play on the flop and river particularly please?

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 11:13 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 12:02 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jadenagaria!

With 9To from UTG+1, I'm going to muck this preflop. I'm out of position and don't want to be playing a marginal-at-best hand when I'm out of position, as it will be much harder to play post-flop.

Flopping top pair with a bad kicker, when it's folded to me, I need to make a pot-sized value bet here, both to get value from my top pair and to try and give any of the opps that may have a diamond flush or OESD the wrong odds to call. If I'm in the hand, I cannot check here, as it's a huge chip leak, as I'm basically throwing away the 10 chips that I called with preflop.

The turn gives me trips and once again, with this many opps in the hand, I need to make a pot-sized value bet. If there were less opps in the hand, then I could possibly bet less, but I need to try and thin the field some.

On the river, I'm going to make another value bet, but here I'll size it at 1/2 pot. Hopefully this way, some of the worse hands will call.

To avoid problems from being out of position, I'm going to muck a marginal hand like this when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
alright - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 03:05 AM
(#9)
thanks for the input, also I am just now attending the live getting started session just now too

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jadenagaria!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
okay - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#11)
iwe already gone through the course and the quiz, let me know whats next.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jadenagaria!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com