Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

pokerstars should be called river stars

Old
pokerstars should be called river stars - Mon Nov 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
50c 45 man why is it always me i must be at least a 90% favourite on the flop then stars loves to put a perfect turn and river card **deleted player insult JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 01:08 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

I'll gladly take being an 86.2% favorite preflop.... but... that does mean that I'll lose 13.8% of the time.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
u mean 100% of the time with the best hand on stars

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 01:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Not really. You just got unlucky. The other guy was just playing crazy. J7 off is definitely not an appropriate hand to be shoving an 18 BB stack with.

I know it appears as though the river changinges the outcome of a hand a lot, but I also think it only looks to be a lot more than it actually is. Been on the wrong side of a river far too often to disagree with that. But fortunately, the river also works in our favor from time to time.

Would be interesting to see KK play J7 a few hundred times and then see how often J7 really wins...

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 04:45 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
This is a common assumption that you MUST get out of your head. You were never 90% favourite in this hand, you were 85% when the chips went in and that's all that matters.

The bottom line is in this situation you will lose 15% of the time. It happens, dust yourself down and get on with the next game. Look at what odds you are when the chips go in only. Don't look at any other information because it means nothing.

When you master this you are well on your way to turning things around. It doesn't just happen to you, it happens to me, all of PSO and even the best players in the World. It's the random nature of poker that means anyone can get lucky. It keeps the poor players in the game and wins good players money.

Don't beat yourself up over this. It's +ev getting our chips in every time in this spot.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
These beats happen to 95 percent of us online and sometimes live on occasions. Stick to solid brm and they shouldnt matter. Sick runner runner tho.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 10:47 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Poker should be called river stars
Fixed.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 02:35 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
yep defo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com