Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

hahahhaa

Old
hahahhaa - Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
got to say this is some of the worst play ive ever seen in mky life how do u call and keep calling with this hand :/ do you think this should be reported for cheating maybe? beacuase no normal person would call this pre or keep calling with bottom pair?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
No cheating, just terrible play. AQs was just as bad in the hand.

Just put a note on him that he'll bet bottom pair to the river, he'll pay you in future. These are the types of maniacs that make the game pay.

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
(#3)
never seen a call down to the river like that before i wouldnt even do it if i could see someones cards but it looked a bit dodgy to me

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 09:15 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Not "dodgy." What you have is somebody who is easily married to whatever pair he catches. Do as instructed and make a note about this maniac. It might help later if he isn't educated before you meet him a second time.

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
I guess it would be too much for any of you to see that betov has a good read on sssllllyyyy.

It was well played in my eyes.

You can note betov all you want and if I could transfer money here I would bet none of the posters here could get betov to call to the river with bottom pair... unless you're just as bad as ssssllllyyyy.

oh yeah, broke my silence just to say that!!!

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Ace-Queen suited is a group two hand. General recommendation is to play this hand in any position and if possible, make the first raise. I thought he wagered too heavy, but for the pre flop portion of the hand, played it right.

For the other streets, I would have either checked or mini raise, say one or two blinds. Dependent on earlier play, I might have folded when the king showed. That's been my luck lately, board has an overcard the other player hits.

We don't know earlier hands, but if this hand's winner had the tendency to call down to the river, regardless of his hand, having the ace-queen gave the other player the top three cards. I've known calling stations in live games that will not give up a hand if they catch a pair, any pair. Also know players who cannot fold aces.

The advice regarding the note for the winner is still valid. However, one might also want to watch the loser to see if he becomes married to any ace, another type of maniac.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
(#8)
Betov obviously has history and notes on this player. He already knows from the start what his opponent is playing, most likely from the bet amount post flop he was able to narrow that to what he saw, AQo.

Top tier, second tier, who cares he's not playing the cards he's playing the player.

No-one would shove that river with the 4 outer flush draw with just a 3 without knowing that his opponent is dead and just can't let his over cards go.

It'd be nice if someone can post another hand with this player in action.

What would be better is if this was moved back to the HA forum and got the proper attention it should have. Just because the OP didn't understand this player is no reason to move it here.

Last edited by joker41673; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:33 AM..

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:52 AM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Haha! Thread delivers.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:15 PM
(#10)
no offence joker but if you think that is purely on reads your just as bad as him 1 you dont call that junk pre flop and you if he has soul reads like that then why the hell on this earth is he playing 25c games!!!1 exactly so stop talking daft and with the stats hes got it explains perfectly why he called because hes a useless donk check the stats and the facts before you start saying hes got a soul read on someone

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:23 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
Betov obviously has history and notes on this player. He already knows from the start what his opponent is playing, most likely from the bet amount post flop he was able to narrow that to what he saw, AQo.

Top tier, second tier, who cares he's not playing the cards he's playing the player.

No-one would shove that river with the 4 outer flush draw with just a 3 without knowing that his opponent is dead and just can't let his over cards go.

It'd be nice if someone can post another hand with this player in action.

What would be better is if this was moved back to the HA forum and got the proper attention it should have. Just because the OP didn't understand this player is no reason to move it here.

In a .25 game?

Sorry man,but that's highly unlikely. Most common trait here is a goof that can't let go when they catch any piece of the board. I would have to KNOW this is a sharp player who has the ability to do what you're saying here before I would give them credit for that.

And in my experience the decent players in those games were NEVER going to be coming along with a hand like 83o to begin with,especially after the button fires a 1 over bet into the equation. For him to have a read on him he has to have that read pre-flop as well. What could the button be holding that his 83o will play well against? That's a range so narrow as to be non-existent. And he's going to commit 13% of his stack pre to try and draw to...well...what really?

Sorry man,that just doesn't wash,especially at a level where the Occam's Razor---he's a spewtard---answer is so logical,being as that player type is the rule,not the exception,in those games.

Stedds,just understand that in the big picture donks getting lucky from time to time is a good thing. It keeps them making plays like this and that's good for us. Plus for every idiot at the table MAKING the play there are usually 2-3 more WATCHING them thinking "hey,he got paid...so it was a good play...".

Just note them and take them to value town every chance you get in the future. Note the AQ player to as he was equally clueless to continue firing into a coordinated board that he had NO piece of. I would be looking at this as a great result for ME were I on that table as I was given great information by 2 players and it didn't cost me anything to get it. That's poker gold.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedds View Post
got to say this is some of the worst play ive ever seen in mky life how do u call and keep calling with this hand :/ do you think this should be reported for cheating maybe? beacuase no normal person would call this pre or keep calling with bottom pair?

Quote:
never seen a call down to the river like that before i wouldnt even do it if i could see someones cards but it looked a bit dodgy to me
Quote:
no offence joker but if you think that is purely on reads your just as bad as him 1 you dont call that junk pre flop and you if he has soul reads like that then why the hell on this earth is he playing 25c games!!!1 exactly so stop talking daft and with the stats hes got it explains perfectly why he called because hes a useless donk check the stats and the facts before you start saying hes got a soul read on someone

Where in the OP did you ever say this was a 25c game or offer any stats or reads on the players involved?

You can't expect proper advice given when in fact it was you who left out the information required to do so.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:42 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
In a .25 game?

Sorry man,but that's highly unlikely.
Mox, the OP didn't mention what game it is so I viewed it as one of my games, in the $5-$10 buy-in range. These things will happen when information is left out.

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#14)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
LOL......classic

2 players who are married to there hands.

Well that's made my day

Thanks,

Paul.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 02:06 AM
(#15)
Check the stats, hes a useless donk, and you need explaining to why the opp did this?

If you knew his stats why even post this when you know why he did it?

He did this because obviously hes a donk, but so was also the guy with the aq.

Pre-flop, you think that was bad play, not for a fish it wasnt, the more he plays the more he will learn, he will learn in time that 83 is a bad call preflop.

So to us , yes bad play, but in the sense of learning, calling down is the only way you will ever get to lean the full potential of read abilities.

The times I have chucked away chips to call down to know im right, was money well spent.
MY brain is programmed to do what a tracker does, I just know now.
yes the opp could of gone practice in free play, but its just not the same results.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hi bruvv

I think it is just such a good example of how not to play AQs.

Notice the UTG limper if I'm sitting on the button this would of set alarm bells off in my mind so there would not of been a raise pref, and the size of his raise seems a bit OTT in my mind like look guys I wanna take the pot down pref, I would of made a call in position in a multi way pot, risking 1 big with the chance of gaining a load if I hit my hand, yup I would open with AQs without a doubt but not in that situation, the large pref raise sort of forced him to marry his cards. In my eyes all round bad play with a tier 2 hand.

But it is just my opinion and I do suck lol.

Paul.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#17)
With 2 limpers in before I'm sure he will tell you he had good odds to hit a hand. Have to echo Joker a bit and say the first time I watched the hand I wondered if he had a read on the other player (and don't tell me that noone has reads at this level because several players here grind (or used to )the 25cent 45 games others will disagree I'm sure.)

Having watched it again i think it may just be a deep reverse play that we cannot understand, or to put it another way ooo pretty I have a pair, Yes you can fume about how bad that is but i have been just as guilty of calling down with my two overs hoping to hit something.

Also he will point out that he has position!!

Which is worse?

Have to say Its not that an unusual play early on in a torny which is why some player suggest playing uber nit for the first 3 levels.

An interesting hand,

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com