Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Moving up Zoom Stake

Old
Moving up Zoom Stake - Mon Nov 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hi, I've recently started playing 10NL 6-Max Zoom, plan to move up to 25NL. Thought of some basic factors:

1) Solid winrate at 10NL Zoom over 100k hands
2) BR management. 40 buyins which is $1000
3) Beat regular 25NL 6-Max first, because Zoom will be more aggressive

Should I consider all of the above, especially the 3rd one? Or is it ok to skip any of those? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Awesome

Bankroll management and a consistant win rate at 10 NL seem most important. Things aren't going to get easier at higher levels. However, I don't think you have to put in 100K hands before taking some shots at the next level.

I just follow BR management guidelines. In other words, if I'm rolled for it and winning, then why not take a few shots at a higher level. The big thing for me is deciding in advance when I will move down if unsuccessful. Alloting 1 or 2 buy ins for example.

For example, I am playing profitably at 25NL zoom, but not crushing it. Nonetheless, I sometimes play a session at 50NL zoom. I'm not rolled to play my regular multitable session there, but I am rolled to play a single table there now and then. This is fun and good experience for when I am ready to start multitabling at that level.

If you are running a HUD, then I don't think there will be that big of a difference between reg and Zoom. If you don't have a HUD, then I would definately stick to reg tables.

Another aspect that I have been working on recently is the number of tables I play. Dave has been helping me move a bit beyond ABC poker and this requires a bit more thinking time on my part. So, I have cut down on the number of 25NL tables I play, but improved my winrate on those I am playing.

On the flip side, with the milestone hands running, I have been 12 tabling 16NL regular fr tables. I could increase the number of tables because my standard game is good enough to win at that level.

Keep building your br and manage it wizely. Don't be afraid to take shots though.

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Yea cutting down the number of tables improves the winrate. Been in profit after cutting 8 tables to 2 tables at 10NL. 12 tabling is just sick

Probably going to try 25NL Zoom after more hands at 10NL Zoom

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com