Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Extreme Donk dodgging

Old
Extreme Donk dodgging - Mon Nov 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Been doing very badly lately which is why I was to be found playing one of these horrid freerolls.

I know the the standard of the opponents is not so high and half the field is out in the first ten hands, but not had much to brag about in A while, so......

PokerStars Tournament #635726711, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll
20360 players
$1000.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $2479.30 USD
Tournament started 2012/11/26 15:00:00 WET [2012/11/26 10:00:00 ET]

Dear steveisnot,

You finished the tournament in 4th place. A USD 99.17 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

No rebuys or an add on, so it really was free

KK let me down in the end, even though I hit the set on the flop, when AQ made it to a straight on the river.

Can't moan as I had plenty of luck myself.

Good luck out there

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
That's a fantastic win, Steve, big congrats!!

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey, Steve!

Woah ... you hit the big time there!!!

I tried playing those Depositor Freerolls a couple of months back and didn't manage to cash once, so any cash seems impressive to me lol - but $99.17 is fantastic!! Yeah, well said by Joy - big congrats!!!

Nice to see a familiar name from 'old PSO' too - do you still go to India in the Winter/Summer/Winter? I was looking at photos of India on the internet a while back and it looks so beautiful there - so much rich history!

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM..

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
(#4)
Thanks.

I've not played many of these as, like the open, the play drives me nuts. Do more swearing than thinking. Not sure I'll have the patience for another one anytime soon.

Not been on here too much due to work and India. Plus the place seems to have died since all the changes. And the installation of a fascist regime*.

Unfortunately, due to A very bad English summer, I have no money to go to India this year. . So if I didn't just get banned I'll be about for a bit.

Good luck out there

*Just jokeing guys (although there's no smoke without fire). Stay calm. Move away from the ban/delete/closed button. OOOOOOMMMMMMMM

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 08:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Great run Steve.

Congrats

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
WTG Snotty!!... I mean stevie saw ya take a third on "the other site" a few days ago too .. keep on keepin on sir!!

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Great job Steve!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
yahoo...

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
WTG Snotty!!... I mean stevie saw ya take a third on "the other site" a few days ago too .. keep on keepin on sir!!
That's a bit of a worry. As far as I'm aware I haven't been on 'the other site'.

Either I have an impersonator or one of us has been consuming to much of something

Sleep playing maybe? How much did I win and was I talking to you?

Thanks for the congates all.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:45 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
oops... wrong steve. Lol sorry...

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:35 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisnot View Post
Thanks.

I've not played many of these as, like the open, the play drives me nuts. Do more swearing than thinking. Not sure I'll have the patience for another one anytime soon.

Not been on here too much due to work and India. Plus the place seems to have died since all the changes. And the installation of a fascist regime*.

Unfortunately, due to A very bad English summer, I have no money to go to India this year. . So if I didn't just get banned I'll be about for a bit.

Good luck out there

*Just jokeing guys (although there's no smoke without fire). Stay calm. Move away from the ban/delete/closed button. OOOOOOMMMMMMMM

I better just stick to talking about the poker lols ... ya, my lack of patience might have had something to do with my lack of cashes now that u mention it

It's why I stopped playing the leagues too - the biggest thing was the fact that the 150VPPs were just too hard for me to get every month when I wasn't even a winning player. Like when it was possible to win $50 a month through the leagues by just playing a couple of those 2hr games a day, then I could play breakeven (with the $50, and only a 20VPP requirement)? But then when they upped the requirement to 150VPPs, and the prizes went down to $20 for most people - I couldn't play the leagues and be breakeven.

And not only that, with my lack of patience, after playing semi-deep-stacked, full-ring, with a VPIP of 8 for 4 hours a day, I'd just rebound and go wild at the tables, and play with like a VPIP of 45 or whatever. Thankfully at the entry-level STT's, that's more-or-less average

I was really lucky to have 19honu62 still around and organizing the Cowboy Challenge to teach us all bankroll management and record-keeping and discipline and stuff, and that helped me get a lot of practice in, outside of the leagues. But I do miss the old leagues. The depositor freerolls and the open league are a lot of work for (mostly) little reward, eh? So awesome you were able to cash so big!!!

Hopefully the start of more to come!!! GL at the tables!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com