Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6 Max 2p vs Large Raise

Old
10NL 6 Max 2p vs Large Raise - Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain was 11/0, AF: 1.5 after 18 hands. No stats postflop

So against this unknown with a weird stack size, I assume he's a weaker player.

However when faced with a 4x raise on my cbet, felt it was pretty strong. I ranged him as JJ, TT, 44, AJs, AJo. Not sure if he would do so with a flush draw.

I wasn't sure if calling was ok here because we'll be letting those flush draws get a card. I decided to get it all in, hoping it was against a 1pair or flush draw, also in view of his remaining stack size.

So what should we do here against his raise?

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I would get it in on the flop here as well... probably a fish despite no read given the stack size (seriously 18 hands is nothing, he's voluntarily played 2 of them passively preflop is about all we know). Given what little we know I don't think we can exclude big jacks from his range, tens with a flush draw, or even other combo draws like AcQc, and stronger 1 pair hands like QQ that he thinks in his fishy mind is good to flat call pre to make sure no ace or king comes then goes bananas post flop when the coast looks clear. On balance I'm happy playing for his stack on the flop here as I think he's likely to be doing this with enough worse hands to make it quite profitable. And in the cases where he does have bottom set, we still have 4 outs twice to suck out.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks. He did hold bottom set, but glad to hear that it's the right move since there're more worse hands than a set

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com