Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
hi
would like to participate in this promotion

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboinkz View Post
hi
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
Hi rboinkz,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 08:53 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
attended sessions for MTT

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
attended sessions for MTT
Hi rboinkz,

You were not on the list of attendees for last nights 'Getting Started' session.

You need to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:28 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
hi royal,
was there, the event was pushed to .....
was at both dialogue as well.
do let me know if i need to join another

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 08:54 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi royal,
was there, the event was pushed to ...
was at both dialogue as well.
do let me know if i need to join another
Ok, cheers. I wasn't aware of that but just checked with the trainer and all is good.

Next up please pratice on the Play Money No Limit Full -ring tables (9-handed) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar

dealty J10 not suited

flop was J 6 10.

should i have shoved all in despite the A which was dealt in the river?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:30 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

dealty J10 not suited

flop was J 6 10.

should i have shoved all in despite the A which was dealt in the river?
Hi rboinkz

The main thing to learn from this hand is bet sizing. Preflop J10o is a good hand to see a cheap flop with. So, I recommend just calling preflop rather than raising. Furthermore, mini-raising, as you did, is almost never a good idea preflop especially out of postion in the sb. Standard preflop raise is 3x + 1x for each limper in the hand. Remember, with suited connectors, Axs, or two broadway cards, we are hoping to flop a straight or flush draw. Flopping a pair with these hands often gives us the second best hand.

You flop two pair. This is good and warrants betting, but the board is very connected. Opps may have flush and/or straight draws. So, we need to bet enough that they are making a mistake by calling. 70% of the pot would be enough. Your bet was fine, but I think you could have bet even more here.

The turn is a tough card, anyone with KQ just got a straight. And anyone with AJ, A10 or A6 just got a better two pair. On the other hand anyone with an A and any other kicker will probably pay us off. Your bet size looked good here.

On the river, I would suggest betting less than you did. We want hands that we are beating to call us. I recommend betting about 100 chips here. You could aslo check if you expect one of the opponents will raise thinking you missed your draw. By betting large we create a situation where the only hands calling us (or reraising) are the ones that beat us.

You played the hand fine, but pay close attention to the bet sizing segment of the teaching program

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
have passed the test as well.

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:17 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:20 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi rboinkz,

This is a 6-max table. For the Bankroll Builder promotion please only play Full-ring 9-handed tables. (see post 7 above)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:36 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
anw royal how many 9 handed do i need to paste in forum?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:55 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rboinkz!

With KTs from the cutoff, I'm either going to call behind or make a standard raise, which is to 3X the previous raise amount. I do not want to min-raise, as I will be giving the opps the correct odds to stay in the hand and possibly outdraw me. I'll raise to 12.
I flop the nuts and an opp makes a very abnormally small bet, 2 into a pot of 48. With 4 opps in the hand, I'm going to raise, but I need to raise an amount that will give an opp that might have two pair, the wrong odds to call. To do this here, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise to 52.
I pick up a flush draw on the turn and once again, with four opps that look to be calling stations, I'm going to make another pot-sized bet (208). When the opp raises me, I'm absolutely happy shoving the rest of my chips in here.

With the AK hand, the first thing that I see here is that you did not wait until the BB to start playing. This is something that I'd recommend that you do, as having to pay an extra blind whenever you sit at a table will be a big drain to your bankroll over time.
With 4 limps, the opp to my right shoves (45X raise?!). Here is where I would like to have a read on my opp. Are they loose or are they tight?
If the opp is very tight, then I'm going to muck my AK here.
If the opp is loose, then instead of calling, I'm going to re-shove to try to isolate the loose player. This way, I don't have the opps to act behind me be as tempted to be in the pot. AK plays much better in a heads-up situation than it does in a multi-way pot.
When I hit the flop, I need to size my bet here at 1/2 pot. I do not want to make an abnormally small bet, as the opp would have the right odds to draw, regardless of their cards. Due to this, it's an easy shove on the flop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 06:33 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi rboinkz,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please let us know and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
i have done so once... will do the quiz again now..

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:04 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have done so once... will do the quiz again now..
Hi rboinkz,

You've already passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com