Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hey there,
Do I qualify for this promo?
Thanks

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatnerz View Post
Hey there,
Do I qualify for this promo?
Thanks
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:59 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#4)
Thanks, hopefully I can do it sometime soon. I'll let you know

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#5)
So i attended the live training session as required. Do i still need to upload a hand, otherwise what's next?
Thanks

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:43 AM
(#6)
Quote:
So i attended the live training session as required. Do i still need to upload a hand, otherwise what's next?
Thanks
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

While studying for this quiz, please practice at the play money 9-max NLHE tables and post a hand replay to help get you familiar of how to upload one.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#7)
Hey, just so you know that one link seems to be dead, but I completed the basic assessments the other day around the time of my last post. Also, it does not appear my first buy in has been credited to my account yet. If it's possible for you to see if I'm missing something, let me know what it is.
Thanks

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Hey, just so you know that one link seems to be dead, but I completed the basic assessments the other day around the time of my last post. Also, it does not appear my first buy in has been credited to my account yet. If it's possible for you to see if I'm missing something, let me know what it is.
Thanks
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this a buy-in at a full table of 1/2c 9-Max NLHE and post a hand replay of a difficult situation for analysis.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
AQ off suit, calling all in on river - Sat Feb 02, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#9)
Hey, so here is the hand:

Any comments? I suppose I could have bet preflop, I doubt that would have made a difference in this hand since no one else called the blinds, but in retrospect it seems like a smarter move. Based the other guy's reactions, I assumed he had a low pocket pair or a lower pair from the river and an A or K. I wasn't sure on calling the all-in but thought what the hell.

So, I'm not sure if the link is formatting as it should. Here's a link to the hand on BOOM if the above doesn't link: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...988_9291AC992C

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey, so here is the hand: [replay hand_id=402590 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1
Hi Shatnerz,

I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at this hand for you. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once the hands have been reviewed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hey, so here is the hand:

Any comments? I suppose I could have bet preflop, I doubt that would have made a difference in this hand since no one else called the blinds, but in retrospect it seems like a smarter move. Based the other guy's reactions, I assumed he had a low pocket pair or a lower pair from the river and an A or K. I wasn't sure on calling the all-in but thought what the hell.

So, I'm not sure if the link is formatting as it should. Here's a link to the hand on BOOM if the above doesn't link: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...988_9291AC992C
Hi Shatnerz

Preflop you ALWAYS want to open with a raise. Calling behind can be ok, but any time you are the first to enter the pot, do so with a raise regardless of your cards. Moreover, plan ahead. If you intend on calling a raise, as you did preflop, then it is better to be the aggressor and raise yourself.

You flop top pair top kicker. Notice there are two diamonds and the cards are somewhat connected. I suggest reraising for value and to make it unprofitable for a chaser to continue.

Had you raised the flop, then you would have been set up to put the villain all in on the turn. At that point you were way ahead. Had you shown aggression preflop on the flop and on the turn, it is quite likely you would never have seen the river. Passive play kept the villain in the hand.

As played, large raises on the river, are usually tells of big hands. I think folding would have been best. The K seemed to help the villain.

I hope this helped

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 05:42 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Shatnerz,

Next Step

The next step for you is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. The next one for you time zone is on Wednesday, Febraury 7th and you can register for it here:

Ask the trainer plenty of questions while you are there and let me know as soon as you have attended.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com